10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Flavius

The most sad part of this season is that Messi had I think a top 3 performance-wise season (in his career)...and we blew it a way as a team. A wasted season of prime Messi, we can all thank to the board for this, "great freaking job" guys. We will so regret this when he retires, just wait and see....stupid transfers.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings, 1st Post here, been reading the forums but I figured I should join the conversation.

People who don't understand the brilliance of Messi simply look at the numbers or look at highlights. If you actually watch the matches you can clearly tell that messi has no equal.

Also, if you look at the stats, Messi has a better goal scoring average than Ronaldo since the beginning of their respective careers.

Welcome! Many of us can't understand the comparisons either as, as you said, anyone who watches football should be clear on just how much better Messi is.

raskolnikov

Its because of the media always comparing them and people dont watch matches. They just see stats and assume they are similair.

JerseyAddict

Greetings, 1st Post here, been reading the forums but I figured I should join the conversation.

People who don't understand the brilliance of Messi simply look at the numbers or look at highlights. If you actually watch the matches you can clearly tell that messi has no equal.

Also, if you look at the stats, Messi has a better goal scoring average than Ronaldo since the beginning of their respective careers.

Hello.
Agreed. I just show this goal to my friend at work. I told him, do you now understand why I am takling all the time that Messi and CR7 are uncomparable. It is not abot the quantity of goals or titles, it is about this. This is what Messi does. This is RAW and PURE FOOTBALL. Class and brillinace, God given talent.

behindbrowneyes

It is a pity that his cheeky backheel nutmeg goal was offside. Golden Boot is his now?

I feel sorry for him. He played a great season, saved us so many times and in the end Barça does the same to him what Albiceleste does. Can't value his Bernaleo-performance high enough.

RevoTeller

Messi this season has been betrayed by the board, the fool on the bench and by the majority of his teammates.

- IT IS A FUCKING SHAME that a player who produced such an individual season (El Clasico performance being the highlight, the best game I've seen from a single player this year) ends the year basically throphyless.
- It's a shame that what is probably the 4th best season of Messi's career (and which would be absolute, legendary, mindblowingly best for EVERY OTHER football player on Earth) will go down in history unnoticed.
- It's a shame that Cristiano Ronaldo will equal the Ballon d'or tally of one of the top 4 football geniuses in history (in cronological order being Pelé, Cruijff, Maradona and Messi).
- It's a shame that around the World now the majority of football fans actually DO BELIEVE that Cristiano Ronaldo is the superior player between the two, when actually the whole Real Madrid team (which is FAR better than current Barcelona) carried his dead body for something like 7 months.
- It's a shame that Real Madrid is going to win the 3rd CL in 4 years and nobody in this team seemed even to give a fuck about it.
- It's a shame that Messi has to drop deep into midfiled to create and direct the game for the team and, AT THE SAME TIME, he has to still score 50 goals. And he must do it all the times otherwise "HE IS FINISHED" or "HE FAILED".
- It's A SHAME AND LAUGHABLE that, on the contrary, Cristiano Ronaldo almost plays only in the box, starting half of the times in off-side like good, old Filippo Inzaghi, with his world class teammates (Modric, Marcelo, Kroos, James, Isco, Benzema, Bale, etc.) serving him constantly tons of chances on a silver platter. AND YET, AT THE EYES OF THE RETARDED, BRAIN-DEAD, FOOTBALL "OBSERVERS" AROUND THE WORLD, BETWEEN THE TWO CRISTIANO RONALDO IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE "COMPLETE" PLAYER.

To the hell with all of this, Messi DOES NOT DESERVE IT for what he has done, ONCE AGAIN, this whole season on the football pitch.

The board, Enrique and all the players that this season let him completely down KNOW VERY WELL WHERE THEY SHOULD GO RIGHT NOW....

Last edited:

BBZ8800

People can say whatever they want, but our team managed to play only 1 CL final in the last 6 years with Messi in the team.

That is quite an accomplishment.

Messi would probably won 5 Cls in a row with a current Madrid's team.

Majority of our team, plus staff and longterm planning, outside Messi, are beyond horrible.

Just imagine our current starting 11 with Lucho, without Messi in the team.
Imo, we would probably be 15-20 points behind Rm on the table.

Barca has really let down Messi in the last few years.

jamrock

The individuals in charge of this club, do not deserve this player, and Luis just wasted one of the best years of his career.

Shame shame shame

Ritchie

Leo should get out while he can from this shambles of a team and club at the moment before he wastes the rest of his prime years and Ronaldo cleans up all the trophies and individual awards.

Yashar1899

Real Madrid's 7 players on the bench (DANILO, ISCO, James, Nacho, KOVACIC, ASENSIO, Vazques) could be starter in 2016/17 Barca's line up! it's a shame that Messi plays with this players! Messi needs at least 3 top class starter for the next season (1RB, 1 MD, 1RW)

Last edited:

GetIn

Real Madrid's 7 players on the bench (DANILO, ISCO, James, Nacho, KOVACIC, ASENSIO, Vazques) could be starter in 2016/17 Barca's line up! it's a shame that Messi plays with this players! Messi needs at least 3 top class starter for the next season (1RB, 1 MD, 1RW)

I doubt this board even fixes the problems in our starting lineup this summer, let alone sign quality backup players.

He still looks fast to me.

He is still unstoppable when he gets even a couple feet of free space to run into, but the problem is that teams know that he along with Neymar are basically our only creative threats right now and just put 3-4 guys on them every attacking sequence. We need to sign a few players that can ease some of this burden on Messi and free up some space for him.

Last edited:

booge

Leo should get out while he can from this shambles of a team and club at the moment before he wastes the rest of his prime years and Ronaldo cleans up all the trophies and individual awards.

What are you talking about you? it was 3 points lol. The Barca players are not hungry as the Madrid players. It's plain to see. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

C. Ronaldo probably never lets his team mates breath in the locker room. He's desperate to win. Reeks of desperation.

Home of Barca Fans