10 - Lionel Messi - v5

F

FlaFCB

Immediately? Verratti run from to circle to the box before making the pass. And if busquets were where he was supposed to, this wouldn't have happened.

I can't see the pic you posted either, but I rewatched the goals today. There was plenty of time to take the ball form Verratti.

mark1nhu

Immediately? Verratti run from to circle to the box before making the pass. And if busquets were where he was supposed to, this wouldn't have happened.

I can't see the pic you posted either, but I rewatched the goals today. There was plenty of time to take the ball form Verratti.

I'm on my cellphone, so I struggled a little bit to get things working properly. Now everything is OK.

And yes, Verrati IMMEDIATELY passed to Draxler, making Iniesta run after the latter. THEN Draxler gave back to Verrati and the rest is history.

You didn't pay enough attention to the play.

Ahmedd

I don't know why you're defending messi, he was awful and a big part of our bad performance

How is he a big part when Suarez; Iniesta; Roberto; Pique etc were equally as bad ? Is it his fault if Enrique don't know how to "tactic" anymore ? He pulled us out from some nasty situations with his magic this season, sometimes it doesn't work.

mark1nhu

There was no "back foot". Defense was on place. Problem was Iniesta also not closing down on Verratti, and busi being between the cbs, instead of being on his position too. Verratti run freely with the ball, from the circle to the edge of the box, and took as much as four touches before making the pass. There was more than enough time for him to be dispossessed.

Defense was on place? LMAO.

Look at Alba's position in the pics I posted.

See the second pic in which FOUR PLAYERS are going against our back three, with Verrati carrying the ball.

Also, look at Roberto desperately running back in the third pic!!!

We were MOVING FORWARD in that moment and YES we were caught on the wrong foot.

Please Flavia, tell me you woke up in a different mood today and just want to troll us, because it is unbelievable to me.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

I'm on my cellphone, so I struggled a little bit to get things working properly. Now everything is OK.

And yes, Verrati IMMEDIATELY passed to Draxler, making Iniesta run after the latter. THEN Draxler gave back to Verrati and the rest is history.

You didn't pay enough attention to the play.

No, you apparently didn't rewatch the goals. And videos are always better than pics:

Verrati takes 5 or 6 touches on the ball, while running from the circle to the edge of our box. Some good 5 seconds, which is time enough for someone to tackle him, but there's no one there. There's nothing imediate about that play. It wasn't only Messi being dispossessed that made them score. This was a colective failure, as all goals were.

Defense was on place? LMAO.

Look at Alba's position in the pics I posted. See the second pic in which FOUR PLAYERS are going against our back three.

We were MOVING FORWARD in that moment and YES we were caught on the wrong foot.

Please Flavia, tell me you woke up in a different mood today and just want to troll us, because it is unbelievable to me.

Messi's dispossession was a dispute of the ball too. Biggest problem there was Iniesta strolling, and Busi out of position. He was in the middle of the cbs, for some strange reason. Gomes also is nowhere to be seen.

mark1nhu

No, you apparently didn't rewatch the goals. And videos are always better than pics:

Verrati takes 5 or 6 touches on the ball, while running from the circle to the edge of our box. Some good 5 seconds, which is time enough for someone to tackle him, but there's no one there. There's nothing imediate about that play. It wasn't only Messi being dispossessed that made them score. This was a colective failure, as all goals were.

Messi's dispossession was a dispute of the ball too. Biggest problem there was Iniesta strolling, and Busi out of position. He was in the middle of the cbs, for some strange reason. Gomes also is nowhere to be seen.

How can you not see Verrati IMMEDIATELY passing the ball to Draxler, making Iniesta chase the latter, then Draxler giving back to Verrati finally run alone?

Jesus Christ.

Also, Messi's dispossession was a dispute of the ball because he mistakenly chose that way.

Thanks [MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION]

F

FlaFCB

@El Flaco gifs make it even more obvious. There was no "moving forward", or a careless pass by Messi. He got stranded without passing options, and rabiot went for it and tackled him. Messi on Busi's position, and Busi as a cb. The strange licho setup making this happen.

How can you not see Verrati IMMEDIATELY passing the ball to Draxler, making Iniesta chase the latter, then Draxler giving back to Verrati finally run alone?

Jesus Christ.

Also, Messi's dispossession was a dispute of the ball because he mistakenly chose that way.

Thanks @El Flaco

I was talking about Verratti's solo run. Iniesta didn't even try to go after him, and Busquets wasn't where he was supposed to be. No gomes in the midfield either. It was just another example of collective failure.

mark1nhu

[MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION] gifs make it even more obvious. There was no "moving forward", or a careless pass by Messi. He got stranded without passing options, and rabiot went for it and tackled him. Messi on Busi's position, and Busi as a cb. The strange licho setup making this happen.

Look at Roberto and Alba preparing themselves to go forward. Then look Roberto desperately running back after Messi's fuck up.

No one is saying the team was well placed and no one denies Luchos tactics is disgusting, but Messi HAD passing options and decided to take the risk of dribbling there.

THATS THE POINT.

F

FlaFCB

Look at Roberto and Alba preparing themselves to go forward. Then look Roberto desperately running back after Messi's fuck up.

No one is saying the team was well placed and no one denies Luchos tactics is disgusting, but Messi HAD passing options and decided to take the risk of dribbling there.

THATS THE POINT.

What is the point? That it was a collective failure? Yes, it was. My point is this goal is not only on Messi, and it isn't. Why is Busquets not where he should be?

Messi's passing option was only Iniesta. There's no other player close to him. And Verrati was there to take it from Andrés. Rabiot was on top of Messi, there wasn't much he could do but try to dribble.

If that's on messi, then the 4th is also on neymar, as he got dispossessed, the team was actually already forward, and meunier went from his defense to our box without being bothered, to assist cavani.

mark1nhu

@El Flaco gifs make it even more obvious. There was no "moving forward", or a careless pass by Messi. He got stranded without passing options, and rabiot went for it and tackled him. Messi on Busi's position, and Busi as a cb. The strange licho setup making this happen.

I was talking about Verratti's solo run. Iniesta didn't even try to go after him, and Busquets wasn't where he was supposed to be. No gomes in the midfield either. It was just another example of collective failure.

That's why I made pictures, so you can see Iniesta IN FACT TRIED TO CHASE BACK, but he was going after Draxler because he received the ball from Verrati. THEN Draxler gave the ball back to Verrati, making Iniesta useless.

About Busquets, you realize he usually keeps between defenders when we have the ball, right? Also, you can clearly see PSG had 3 men over Pique and Umtiti, so he was need there, right?

Still, no positioning mistake from the team explain WHY Messi decided to dribble players in a critical area, when he had passing options.

mark1nhu

What is the point? That it was a collective failure? Yes, it was. My point is this goal is not only on Messi, and it isn't. Why is Busquets not where he should be?

Messi's passing option was only Iniesta. There's no other player close to him. And Verrati was there to take it from Andrés. Rabiot was on top of Messi, there wasn't much he could do but try to dribble.

If that's on messi, then the 4th is also on neymar, as he got dispossessed, the team was actually already forward, and meunier went from his defense to our box without being bothered, to assist cavani.

LOL, are you sure you have watched the goals?

Because Meunier got the ball from a PSG defender. That's right, they had the possession at that time!!!

Meunier got the ball from a defender, then dribbled Neymar and went forward. Neymar DIDN'T lose the ball to him and the team was not wrong footed.

I hope this (and the pass from Verrati to Draxler, then Draxler to Verrati) is just an honest mistake from you. Not you trying to be right when you aren't, just for the sake of it.

About Messi's mistake...

Busi was between the defenders as he usually does when he have the possession. And there were 3 PSG men over Pique and Umtiti, so he was needed there.

F

FlaFCB

That's why I made pictures, so you can see Iniesta IN FACT TRIED TO CHASE BACK, but he was going after Draxler because he received the ball from Verrati. THEN Draxler gave the ball back to Verrati, making Iniesta useless.

About Busquets, you realize he usually keeps between defenders when we have the ball, right? Also, you can clearly see PSG had 3 men over Pique and Umtiti, so he was need there, right?

Still, no positioning mistake from the team explain WHY Messi decided to dribble players in a critical area, when he had passing options.

Verratti wasn't that far away from Iniesta. And there was only Cavani near the cbs, Busquets didn't need to be there. The other players ran after their counter started. Which Busquets could have helped intercept, if he was in the middle. Messi was there to collect the ball because we weren't creating anything. As he often drops deep to collect the ball. Thinking this was a mistake is what boggles my mind.

Home of Barca Fans