10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

Neymar doesnt have the same tools Messı has, foremost lackıng vısıon and ıntellıgence.
There's been many instances where Neymar provides the same throughballs the way Messi usually provides them so I don't think he lacks vision, Neymars intelligence might not be the same as Leos because Neymar doesn't have Messis direct style of play, that's where I think Neymar loses a little.

Ripsta

No, Neymar is a very good player when he's up for it, but Messi is a one off, and it's highly unlikely we'll see another like him in the rest of our lifetime.

Mitchell1978

Off all the players currectly playing Neymar is closest to Messi in terms of overal package (goalscoring, dribbling and passing/chance creation), his decision making is still a level below Messi's though.

SeloBarca

Well, people said the same when Maradona played and then came Messi so we cant say "never"
Playingstyle noone comes close to Messi right now really, not in playingstyle or talent.
Griezmann is similiar in some parts but nowhere near as good. Dybala has some similiarities aswell.
Dybala is probably the biggest talent everyone will try to snatch from Juventus sooner or later.

GetIn

Last time I checked the Ballon D'or is awarded based on a players performance over a calendar year. Messi won the Liga and Copa, whereas CR7 won the two more glamorous trophies in the CL and Euros, which ultimately will win him the award, undeservedly so I must add. Contrary to popular belief Messi has blown CR7 out the water in terms of stats as well this year, the discrepancy in number of assists in particular is astonishing. But as usual the Ballon D'or is all about reputation and winning the most watched competitions. Messi and Suarez both deserve to win the award over this poser.

wp5c1x0.png

El Flaco

[MENTION=21308]Cristiano Penaldo[/MENTION]

01:00 ~ 24:35 Skill / Dribble
24:34 ~ 49:45 Pass
49:45 ~ 56:20 Assist
56:20 ~ 58:30 Shoot
58:30 ~ 01:03:05 FK Goal / PK Goal
01:03:05 ~ 01:12:40 Goal

doublehh03

Well, people said the same when Maradona played and then came Messi so we cant say "never"
Playingstyle noone comes close to Messi right now really, not in playingstyle or talent.
Griezmann is similiar in some parts but nowhere near as good. Dybala has some similiarities aswell.
Dybala is probably the biggest talent everyone will try to snatch from Juventus sooner or later.

Sure eventually down the line we could have a player just as good or better than Messi, but it iwll be extremely hard. Messi is the entire package. He scores, dribbles, passes, and creates with the best in history. I don't think we have ever seen anyone like that. Hopefully we will again, esp. in my lifetime.

Griezmann and Dybala are great talents, but Messi at their age was already challenging to be the GOAT.

SeloBarca

Sure eventually down the line we could have a player just as good or better than Messi, but it iwll be extremely hard. Messi is the entire package. He scores, dribbles, passes, and creates with the best in history. I don't think we have ever seen anyone like that. Hopefully we will again, esp. in my lifetime.

Griezmann and Dybala are great talents, but Messi at their age was already challenging to be the GOAT.

We can only hope we will see players almost as good. We have been spoiled with Messi and watching football without that quality will feel very bland. You get used to one level of play.
Its like watching our midfield when we had Xavi/Iniesta at peak compared to what we have now, its very meh.
Griez, Dybala and Ney are great talents, but Messi was as you say the best player in the world at 20.

Last edited:

serghei

Neymar has good vision and game intelligence.

He just doesnt play that role in this Barca as much yet.

Yea, exactly. He had no problems leading Barca while Leo was out injured. If that backheel assist for Iniesta doesn't prove his game intelligence is top notch, nothing will.

Speaking of that, we have Neymar comming back, Alcacer just signed. We can rest Messi until we play Atletico. Something like 2 weeks off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans