10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

so i assume you mean that he was very good/good in the closing stages of those seasons?

This last season? Yes, he was. 12/13 he was injured, guess you forgot that, right? And in 13/14 he actually scored a goal that would give us la Liga, wrongly disallowed. Messi has bailed Barça out so much throughout all those years, it's kinda ridiculous to make such claims. But you'll keep at it, surely.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
That beard is freaking badass,i hope that he never shaves again!
He said after the game that his teammates would kill him if he shaved. Although, I bet he will shave it off after the Copa when he goes on vacation with his family and Antonella is by his side again.

gasgas

This last season? Yes, he was. 12/13 he was injured, guess you forgot that, right? And in 13/14 he actually scored a goal that would give us la Liga, wrongly disallowed. Messi has bailed Barça out so much throughout all those years, it's kinda ridiculous to make such claims. But you'll keep at it, surely.

so he's never had a bad patch in his career, times when he was subdued/disappeared?

F

Flavia

so he's never had a bad patch in his career, times when he was subdued/disappeared?

Not really. For Barça, even when he had bad games, more often than not he's still contributed somehow. Consistency is one of the things that make him the goat.

gasgas

Not really. For Barça, even when he had bad games, more often than not he's still contributed somehow. Consistency is one of the things that make him the goat.

So you agree that he's had bad days and som have been latter stages of competitions.
And in those games he contributed less than he usually does (which we fans term "disappear")
like how Pogba disappeared yesterday, or any other player in the world

If that's the case there's no point arguing, we're wasting time

F

Flavia

So you agree that he's had bad days and som have been latter stages of competitions.
And in those games he contributed less than he usually does (which we fans term "disappear")
like how Pogba disappeared yesterday, or any other player in the world

If that's the case there's no point arguing, we're wasting time

Messi is one of the most decisive players ever. Having one bad match, compared to 30 good ones. Your original post, that started this discussion, it's not valid. Comparing pogba or any other player to him makes no sense either. But I surely agree with your last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans