10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

klc123

Sell Messi?
Wow, id love to see how quickly barca got relagated if the board was replaced by members of this forum.

This place is the only place I've ever seen people criticise barca's midfield as the problem behind their drop in quality over the last few years. If that point had any real basis in it, football pundits across the world would be talking about it.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Do you think Chelsea can afford him if he somehow becomes available? My Understanding is Chelsea are in the position to meet Financial Fair Play regulation due to reducing spending on wages and transfers unlike Manchester City who are simply inflating their revenues artificially.....
I'm pretty sure your understanding is correct, from what I've heard we're doing our utmost to abide by these rules and are reducing costs for ourselves so I don't think we're in any danger regarding the FFP right now.

Honestly, I really couldn't say, it really depends on the price and so on. Plus, adidas might also pull some strings if any deal between us is involved, if allowed at all(I'm not well versed when it comes to the details of transfers). But yeah, it's difficult to say, and it's a gamble, as I feel we'd have to sell a few players first, and we'd pretty much only be able to buy him due to how much he'd likely cost. With our current squad, I couldn't see us getting more than £40m on players unless we sold a big name on top of it, but if he costs so much then we'd possibly struggle to reinforce other parts of the squad unless we're doing extremely well with FFP. I guess it'd also come down to our success this season, if we won the PL and/or the CL, that'd help a lot. The more successful we are the more likely we'd be able to afford, and actually try to push through a transfer for him. Plus we're also getting a new sponsor so that's helpful too.

After that, the ball would be in his court, if we went for him it'd have to be at the end of the season since he'd be 28, I wouldn't want to sign him any later, and it'd come down to whether or not he'd be willing to abandon Barcelona at a time where they can't replace him with other quality players. Would he feel guilty if he did it? And would that guilt affect his performances? I wouldn't want a player who's affected by such things for a massive price.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
We all know it won't happen, but the media eat this stuff up like it's no tomorrow. Let them have their fun and just ignore it. :lol:

Zuess99

Selling Messi would be barca going Full Retard..barca would be such a huge laughing stock, will lose so much money in the process and fans .

mssarm

Hey, Putin's face! No one is trying to sell Messi. If Messi leaves it will be by his choice and it won't make the club laughing stock. There was Barca before Messi and there will be Barca after. Players come and leave, the club and true fans stay.

AlexT

it'd come down to whether or not he'd be willing to abandon Barcelona at a time where they can't replace him with other quality players. Would he feel guilty if he did it? And would that guilt affect his performances? I wouldn't want a player who's affected by such things for a massive price.

Well, if a former Arsenal captain can play so well for Chelsea without letting guilt affect his performance, why can't Messi?

Not that we'd sell Messi to Chelsea, but I don't buy this argument. They're all professionals. They look after themselves first and foremost. Not to mention Antonella probably wants to be reunited with Fabregas's WAG.

It's all Fabregas's fault. As always.

L

linetty

Letting Messi go would be utterly stupid and suicidal. He can't be replaced at this time, period. Why remove the only thing that keeps us going?
Nobody's selling Messi... He just liked Chelsea's profile on instagram (also likes Man City), that's all...

klc123

Well, if a former Arsenal captain can play so well for Chelsea without letting guilt affect his performance, why can't Messi?

Not that we'd sell Messi to Chelsea, but I don't buy this argument. They're all professionals. They look after themselves first and foremost. Not to mention Antonella probably wants to be reunited with Fabregas's WAG.

It's all Fabregas's fault. As always.

Fabregas was kicked out the door. He requested Arsenal and was denied because Chelsea offered more. Edit: DonAK corrected me, it was actually Arsene Wenger that turned Fabregas down.

All Fabregas' fault :L What did fabregas ever do to upset people so much? He spent all his time being played out of position and was criticized for it. I pity the guy, and pity barca for letting such a gifted midfielder go. People say he wasn't good enough for us, if he's good enough to be Chelsea's best midfielder, and arguably the best in the EPL, surely he is good enough for us. Like most of the problems at barca, they all stem from bad management. We would probably be favourites to win the CL if Mourinho was our manager, as much as it pains me to admit. I'm yet to see a manager who understands every aspect of the game so well, has such adaptability in the way he plays his teams, and also gets the best out of his players as much as Mou does.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It wasn't Barcelona who denied Cesc the Arsenal transfer, it was Arsene Wenger who did so because he said he had Ozil as a CAM(Although he for some retarded reason plays him out wide).

AlexT

Fabregas was kicked out the door. He requested Arsenal and was denied because Chelsea offered more.

All Fabregas' fault :L What did fabregas ever do to upset people so much? He spent all his time being played out of position and was criticized for it. I pity the guy, and pity barca for letting such a gifted midfielder go. People say he wasn't good enough for us, if he's good enough to be Chelsea's best midfielder, and arguably the best in the EPL, surely he is good enough for us. Like most of the problems at barca, they all stem from bad management. We would probably be favourites to win the CL if Mourinho was our manager, as much as it pains me to admit. I'm yet to see a manager who understands every aspect of the game so well, has such adaptability in the way he plays his teams, and also gets the best out of his players as much as Mou does.

Ahem. It was said with a bit of sarcasm. I don't really blame Cesc. He's much better than any midfielder we currently have and he was badly managed here. Bad management is the main reason of all our problems.

klc123

Ahem. It was said with a bit of sarcasm. I don't really blame Cesc. He's much better than any midfielder we currently have and he was badly managed here. Bad management is the main reason of all our problems.

Well that's a sentiment I can certainly agree on. From the manager up the club is rotten.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just coming back from iniesta thread, was laughing about people suggesting that he was never good enough. Now i see people willing to sell messi to boost our transfer cap. Yeah sell our best player to buy some glorified toys. If the board sell messi they will use that money to fund stadium not further transfers. We had enough money to buy good players in last transfer window. With the supposed budget of 120M and the extra funds from cesc and alexis sale we could have built a great team. We will probably buy shit players again even if we use that 250M with this current board in charge.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Just coming back from iniesta thread, was laughing about people suggesting that he was never good enough. Now i see people willing to sell messi to boost our transfer cap. Yeah sell our best player to buy some glorified toys. If the board sell messi they will use that money to fund stadium not further transfers. We had enough money to buy good players in last transfer window. With the supposed budget of 120M and the extra funds from cesc and alexis sale we could have built a great team. We will probably buy shit players again even if we use that 250M with this current board in charge.

This. Plus the fact that the GOAT playing for another team at the age of 27 makes me feel ill inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans