10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

I don't want to sell him, but people were acting like the whole world would cave in.

If we were suddenly to play the rest of the season without Messi we might not make CL qualification. He is responsible for just THAT many goals. God knows he has bailed us out single-handedly many times, and will keep doing it this season with Lucho and his (so far) very lackluster version of Barcelona.

Last edited:

Andrew M

If we were suddenly to play the rest of the season without Messi we might not make CL qualification. He is responsible for just THAT many goals, and God knows he has and will bail out Lucho many more times this season yet. And with a transferban the following year, that would be a disaster for Barca.

You mean like last season when he was injured for a good length of time? We coped.

If he was sold we would reinvest so I don't feel that argument is convincing.

Kohe321

You mean like last season when he was injured for a good length of time? We coped.

He still had an insane amount of impact last season though, just look at his stats. He won us enough games single-handedly that we would not have been playing the league final against Atletico the 17'th of May had it not been for him. I'm not saying we would turn into Rayo without him either, but we're certainly not even close to being the same.

And again, a reinvestment of that scale lead by Zubi and signed off by Bartomeu? Well, I'm sure Wenger would like it, but not me. It would be the equivallent of flushing money down the drain, and some of it would certainly start flowing out of the faucets at Emirates Stadium :lol:

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Of course we could survive without him but personally, the thought of him playing for another team other than Barca makes me feel like puking. And the worst part is that we have the chance to keep him.

However I am of the opinion that he will stay at the club for the foreseeable future as even this current board wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him.

Kohe321

Of course we could survive without him but personally, the thought of him playing for another team other than Barca makes me feel like puking. And the worst part is that we have the chance to keep him.

And then there's that, which is a whole different point all together but certainly the biggest. :)

Andrew M

I want him to stay too, and feel he will for years yet.

This is the international break so there is a lack of football news to get people reading papers and clicking on articles.

The Ronaldo rumours, in their grave now, came around international break time.

Kerrybai

The only way around is if you have a huge revenue, Messi is the only player you buy within 3 years, or you sell some star players, or (usually) a combination of these things. Buying a player for 200m and more requires a huge sacrifice on one of these fronts, which means it's a huge risk; a risk almost no club is willing to take.

Of course you could also try to "trick" your way around FFP but UEFA look like they're serious about it, so I wouldn't count on it working, which means that's also a big risk.

Couldn't a team like City just get a ridiculous sponsorship from Ethiad airways? Funded through their owner? I'm pretty sure teams can get creative enough.

F

Flavia

With this board, I wouldn't be too sure they would reinvest in proper players.
I mean, zubi, vermaelen, douglas...

And no one wants Messi gone for many reasons. He is the best la masia player ever. I wouldn't bare seeing him in another colors. Apart from newell's, it' just too much.

serghei

We should play him as a right winger more often, so he can rest more when the ball is not on his flank. He can drill in the center from the right, so playing him there won't affect his game as much as people would think. Plus, teams won't give us the flanks that often if we have Messi there. That would be the best move IMO, play him in the RW with Suarez as a 9.

kishore680

Whichever team Messi goes will have more chance to win CL. Because they will build the team around him unlike present situation where Messi is hugging Sergio Busquets and is doing everything on his own. Some fans meanwhile are citing Ronaldinho's example and are thinking 'It's right time to sell Messi'. That some writer of Barcelona football blog wants to sell Messi and Iniesta. Crazy.

And people should stop farting up a cliche like "Club is greater than player".

Alik

If Messi were to be sold, we'd need good management to reinvest and build a good team. We'd still be behind Chelsea, Bayern and Real in the next couple of seasons.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Messi has rejected an offer from Real Madrid. They were willing to pay buyout fee. Messi would get 25M net/year plus bonus from Adidas. [md]

:lol:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Messi has rejected an offer from Real Madrid. They were willing to pay buyout fee. Messi would get 25M net/year plus bonus from Adidas. [md]

:lol:

I wouldn't put it past Perez to put in a cheeky bid for Messi. But to even think of the prospect of Messi in the fully functioning RM, feeding CR and having space galore is terrifying to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans