10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry_IB

Banned
Well, I'd hate for Messi to leave but I am not too worried about it atm. More likely putting pressure on the board about something than actually considering to leave.

I will say though, Messi in PL would be interesting as fuck.

E

El_e8

It's going to happen :cesc:

tglgxy.jpg

oqcxmt.jpg

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Wenger: "He won't be happy if he stays on the wing"

In an interview given to Bein Sports, Arsène Wenger said he was convinced than Leo Messi's goalscoring stats are going drop off in relation to Cristiano Ronaldo's.

His position on the pitch:
"When he sees Cristiano scoring plenty more goals than he is, his morale will dip. He won't be able to maintain his goalscoring stats playing out on the wing. In the long-term, he won't be happy. Playing on the wing is physically very demanding".

His role in the team:
"Messi is his team's best player, its strength. He can make the coach better if there's good chemistry between them. If he isn't happy in his position, it'll weaken the team".

What a smart person...

still plays Ozil on the wing :lol:

rixxer

wtf am I reading in this thread?No meltdown for him leaving but discussion for where he should go.Pathetic.

This.
The most important part of the interview was actually- If it is up to me I would never leave. I can understand the negative opinion of the current board among forum fans, but Occams razor still applies, there is no reasonable arguement to sell Messi for this Board. There just isn't... and I still belive the board is made of people who can think at least a little bit. And I would like to think that Leo's interview was just a way to remind it to some people.

Holly

Messi's father downplays hints of Barcelona exit
Messi's father downplays hints of Barcelona exit
FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi, left, duels for the ball against UD Almeria's Sebastian Dubarbier, right, during a Spanish La Liga soccer match in Almeria, Spain, Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014. — AP

BARCELONA, Spain — Lionel Messi's father, who acts as the player's agent, has downplayed the stir his son caused by hinting at an exit from Barcelona.

Jorge Messi tells Barcelona-based La Vanguardia newspaper "the plan is to stay here, but since people read between the lines they exaggerate."

He says "Leo is happy, but if one day the club says, 'We have an offer for you, we want to sell you,' well, we would have to study it."

Lionel Messi said Tuesday that he would like to stay at Barcelona but "sometimes not everything happens the way you want."

The 27-year-old Messi, Barcelona's all-time leading scorer, is under contract until 2018.

Last May, Barcelona said it had improved the terms of his contract. — AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans