10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I stole Usegor condescendingess, which probably makes me condescending by assuming my condescendingness was the condescending behavior in question. How condescending of me... :troll:

footyfan

Calma, calma
I am bitter and mad? Hardly. It is your blatant double-standard that irks me, always judging Messi by the strictest standard possible while giving certain others free passes.

Look, there is a lot of truth in what you said, for the record, in my own opinion Messi has peaked already. It is just that it seems that your sole agenda is to prove why Messi is poor. Why Messi only? Why not the likes of Ronaldo?

Ronaldo is scoring a lot of goals, in this regard yes he is outshining Messi, I don't think anybody is denying that. As long as he scores, he is great, you never bother to put him under the same magnifying glass that you put Messi under as if nothing else matters, whereas in Messi's case, all elements, scoring, passing, running, dribbling, decision-making are analyzed. If this is not blatant hypocrisy, what is?

Seriously, where is the URL to that site?

But judging Ronaldo strictly on Barcaforum doesn't piss people like you off :troll:

Also what URL are you talking about?

@Hamzah - dude they moved on to bottom-of-the-barrel EDM a long time ago.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Ronaldo still needs a lot of work on his assisting game. He keeps trying and failing badly to be a provider too in recent weeks.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only thing missing these days is Beast here trolling and saying all our problems are because of Messi. :mou:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ronaldo still needs a lot of work on his assisting game. He keeps trying and failing badly to be a provider too in recent weeks.

Work on it? He will never become better at it, he's already almost 30 years old and he doesn't have the temperament for it. You've seen his two assists today? One was a misplaced shot and the other doesnt deserve to be called an assist. Yeah, most of his assists are like that. His goal threat has only been going up season after season though and that's how he's making up for the talent gap between him and Messi.

Ursegor

World Champion
You should be. It'd be fun to see you arguing with some of the guys there.

I wouldn't know how to hold a conversation on Twitter. Before I could get to the actual point my preliminary "your opinion is making my eyes bleed you absolute #imbecile" would already see me out of the necessary characters. Don't have such problems on a forum. :coffee:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But judging Ronaldo strictly on Barcaforum doesn't piss people like you off :troll:

Also what URL are you talking about?

@Hamzah - dude they moved on to bottom-of-the-barrel EDM a long time ago.

I know this is Barcaforum and we are hardly impartial, certainly not when it comes to Ronaldo and Real Madrid players, but still, it is amazing that every element of Messi's game is being questioned after every scoreless/average/poor game while Ronaldo is getting away with everything as long as he scored, no matter how, no matter what.

There are three things that Ronaldo does better than Messi currently, in my opinion: (1) workrate (2) off the ball movement (3) poacher instinct/ability to finish. Make no mistake, he is a great goal-scorer, the best at the moment. However, the fact of the matter is, nobody gives a damn how poorly he plays as long as he manages to score and he is hailed THE BEST simply because of goals he scored.

Meanwhile, every element of Messi's game is put under the microscope when he doesn't score and people always find something to blame him for, and attribute the failure to some sort of intrinsic quality of him being poor/declining etc. For example, he was indeed very unlucky in the Celta game. Could his decisions have been better? Yes, but the fact he couldn't score had much more to do with the amazing performance of the Celta keeper than Messi's own failure.

By the URL, I meant you mentioned that you spent a lot time on other sites defending Messi that you felt you had to balance it out by being more critical of him here?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
FCBarcelona
‏@BarcaStat
Messi won 7 balls back against Almeria #fcblive Last time he recovered 7+ balls in a single game was on 26 Oct 2013 v Real Madrid.

Lazy. :coffee:

Ghost

[...] it is amazing that every element of Messi's game is being questioned after every scoreless/average/poor game [...]

[...]

Meanwhile, every element of Messi's game is put under the microscope

[...]
BECAUSE HE SIMPLY SET A HIGHER STANDARD THAN THE DIVA OR ANYONE EVER DID OR WILL.

The end.

Mitchell1978

I have said many times... people can single players out all they want. The problem lies elsewhere, it's not the players. Lucho's been changing the players left and right, is anything changing? Not really... because his tactics and system suck.

This. There isn't a single barca player at the moment who is performing to the best of therir abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans