10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaR

Ah right.

Could say Ronaldo, Messi and the germans all have a fair shot. Imagine it will be quite a varied vote. shortlist for the final 3 should be interesting. Ronaldo having 0 impact in the world cup could affect his vote.

DinhoR10

I'm more concerned about the Balon 'Dor, cause I'd hate for Ronaldo to win it just because he was standing on the field while his teammates won the champions league.

khaled_a_d

I hope Robben surprise everyone and win Balon 'Dor b/c of 3 reasons
1-I don't want CR7 to win it,that is for sure
2-I don't want Messi to win it this year,while I will be happy for him,it will just increase the "hate" to him,,initiate more conspiracy theories and add more pressure,he wasn't having his best year for us,I think winning this one could do more damage than good
3-I am not sure the Germans have a chance ,their team was perfect and it will be a case like Spain in 2010 where there is no clear cut to be hyped to win it all,it was between Xavi/Iniesta and may be even Casillas un 2010 about who should win it from Spain,I think that affected their chances and helped Messi
Robben would be a deserved win IMO ,he was the only player I would consider more deserving than Messi for golden ball in Brazil ,he had a gr8 season with Bayern,with the way he has developed through year it would be good if he is finally recognised

CatalinR10

2-I don't want Messi to win it this year,while I will be happy for him,it will just increase the "hate" to him,,initiate more conspiracy theories and add more pressure,he wasn't having his best year for us,I think winning this one could do more damage than good
3-I am not sure the Germans have a chance ,their team was perfect and it will be a case like Spain in 2010 where there is no clear cut to be hyped to win it all,it was between Xavi/Iniesta and may be even Casillas un 2010 about who should win it from Spain,I think that affected their chances and helped Messi
Robben would be a deserved win IMO ,he was the only player I would consider more deserving than Messi for golden ball in Brazil ,he had a gr8 season with Bayern,with the way he has developed through year it would be good if he is finally recognised

haters and their conspiracies :lol:

Ronaldo won it last year while winning nothing with his team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Messi does very well which sets him apart from Cristiano and others then he'll win it and there is nothing the stupid fanboys, especially the Cristiano ones can say when he won it with the re-opening of votes and the Sweden matches.

DinhoR10

But in terms of the year 2014 its been all messi, most goals for the year, led his team to the final by being involved in every single goal scored. The man deserves it because he's the best, he wasn't given even an ounce of luck the entire year, with injuries and his teammates constantly letting him down. Robben hasnt done shit aside from score against an incredibly lackluster spain.

Edit: And he dived so that the Netherlands could reach the Semis.

Jadentheman

But in terms of the year 2014 its been all messi, most goals for the year, led his team to the final by being involved in every single goal scored. The man deserves it because he's the best, he wasn't given even an ounce of luck the entire year, with injuries and his teammates constantly letting him down. Robben hasnt done shit aside from score against an incredibly lackluster spain.

Edit: And he dived so that the Netherlands could reach the Semis.

Yes Mexico got robbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotInHere

i guess it depends how one looks at it, if Leo is the best player your own eyes has seen, then you are more then welcome ignoring the big trophies that are considered a must in every legendary player.

At the end of the day, Leo is a rare exception, he has broken so many records and his still 27, he could be very well be the best player of all time in many peoples once his career ends by his impressive accolades.

But its really important that he goes back to his level, because that top level that he once had will erase peoples minds and probably many will not care if he wins a WC. If he starts declining though... A lot of people will have a sour taste because his pretty young. But meh I guess who you see as the best, theres no really no goat in any sport.

Dont know why a lot of peeps get invested into this whole whose the best thing. Life is a matter of taste

adil_909

he'll still have a pretty good shot in 2018, its not like he's going to be a dinosaur in 4 years time. i think people forget how young he is. and it will also give argentina to hopefully get some better strikers to take some of the pressure off of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans