10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaVillain

Scored one, ran through on the counter and could have had a second against a team that put bodies behind the ball (which they're more than entitled to do). Hasn't been at his best, neither have any of the argentine forwards but he's the only reason they have 6 points on the board.

When Aguero, Di Maria and Higuain raise their game, you'll also see more from Messi. Isn't really about performances at this stage, it's all about the results. They're through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo10

Trolls get trolled. Trolls are mad.

My work here is done.

OrSZOcc.gif

mac10

it's hilarious how no one is taking into account his vomiting issues. do you guys really think that it's a plain issue? i really think that messi's health is fucked up and that's why he is trying to preserve himself, because if he ran more i'm sure it would cause vomiting to be more frequent and severe which would make him unable to even finish a single god damn match! i wouldn't be surprised if messi announces retirement after this WC announcing that he has a cancer or some other incurable illness which will prevent him from playing football. leave this man alone, he wants WC more than aguero or any other player in his team and he'd prolly run his ass off if he could. but he clearly doesn't, because if he did it would prolly do harm to him and his game. what's pathetic is argentina's attack, i think aguero should be dropped, he is clearly useless and is disrupting the game for albiceleste. but let's be honest, messi will be the only one to get bashed if argentina fail, even if messi plays as a gk he will be bashed for not scoring and not providing a win. no one will even mention that he is playing behind the strikers because there's no one else in the team to create chances from the midfield as frequently as a decent midfield would create. i feel pity for messi, we don't deserve to witness a footballer like that. i'm out!

seriously? have you just got in after a night on the piss? cos thats when i usually post nonsense too

FiReFTW

I think it should be plain obvious to anyone even the biggest Messi fanboys that he simply is not the same player he was before the last injury he suffered. If you claim otherwise then you forgot what a player he used to be.
His individual brilliance diminished by some margin, while he still scores decisive goals and lots of goals, its not as it used to be.
Whether we have seen the best prime Messi already or he will stll comeback is a question nobody can answer, but it is clear as day that his current form is not up there with the best version of him.
He is probably still the best player in the world, but now it even became debatable with some really in form players like Suarez.. well even if he is the best, the margin is small... it used to be HUGE.. nobody came even close. Remember the way he played before his injury, he was like a mad dog ( like that famous video of him ), now he is so passive and is almost afraid to try to go all out.
He still has some flashes of brilliance, but thats not it. Perhaps his injury took some tool on him physicaly, perhaps he is not in form, perhaps he is too passive because he is afraid of another injury.. either way.. he is not the same player, individualy he is still great, but he used to be a step above that.

raskolnikov

You guys just complain way too much, you cant expect him to score hattricks or run the entire game when the whole team is playing badly and struggling against a parked bus.
He is the only one that steps his game up, what did Aguero, Di Maria and Higuain do so far?
Im sure once Argetina play an opponent who opens up more he will look much better.

ebc_99

Messi is not in his best form right now but that's all it is in my opinion. I don't doubt that he will get back to his best level soon enough.

He is still the best in the world and the gap is still huge, look at the space the likes of Robben and Suarez get in games, if Messi had that space he would kill the opposition. If you remember Robbens goals this world cup he has been in acres of space. If Robben or Suarez had to operate in the space Messi does then you would never hear of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kerrybai

Let's just hope his team-mates get their shit together. From midfield to attack his team-mates are choking hard. Aguero in particular has no business on the pitch... I'm hoping they get their shit together vs Nigeria and finally hit their WCQ form. I also think Messi needs a multi goal game to get the golden boot and his best chance of that is Nigeria or the last 16 match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans