10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

Thiago just pops out of nowhere :lol:

3484z69.jpg
just like his father

i_bleed_blaugrana

Messi is past it, guys. And the sad thing is that it isn't a physical problem but a mental problem. He does very little off the ball anymore and yes when he does get the ball, he does great things but it's his off the ball play that is the problem. He doesn't move, doesn't press the ball, doesn't make runs. And it's clearly bc he thinks he doesn't have to put in that sort of effort anymore, you can see it in his body language and you can see it when he watches an opponent with the ball that is 10 feet away from him where he could easily win the ball off of him.

I really hope Lucho runs this complacency out of Messi because it simply isn't enough to just turn it on when you need to.

CatalinR10

Messi is past it, guys. And the sad thing is that it isn't a physical problem but a mental problem. He does very little off the ball anymore and yes when he does get the ball, he does great things but it's his off the ball play that is the problem. He doesn't move, doesn't press the ball, doesn't make runs. And it's clearly bc he thinks he doesn't have to put in that sort of effort anymore, you can see it in his body language and you can see it when he watches an opponent with the ball that is 10 feet away from him where he could easily win the ball off of him.

I really hope Lucho runs this complacency out of Messi because it simply isn't enough to just turn it on when you need to.

he was really good against bosnia in the 2'nd half. Today he vomited again. Don't think someone would be in the mood for running after he vomits.

Kerrybai

This is one of the strangest things I have read in a while.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How can he be past it his problem is off the ball movement? That's one of the easiest things to rectify.

Yet he has been consistently showing this problem for the past two seasons, and it is getting worse and worse. The thing is we don't know WHY he doesn't move.

What is bothering him? Or is it really because he is lazy?

F

Flavia

Yet he has been consistently showing this problem for the past two seasons, and it is getting worse and worse. The thing is we don't know WHY he doesn't move.

He vomited again today. This is getting worse, from happening once or twice to every match. Everyone says it's nothing, but that looks like something to me.

Kerrybai

Who cares, he won them both games. If Lucho needs him to move more then I'm sure Messi will listen and take his advice. He played with 3 players around him today, the only way he could move was backwards where he would receive the ball in front of 11 players. Honestly where do people want him to move to? Maybe it's incredibly difficult to break down these buses. Maybe he needs a tactically astute coach who can help him get out of these 3 man blockades.

He's the best player out there but maybe he struggles with understanding off the ball movement etc. I've never seen a player marked as tightly as Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans