10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Really bad game, walking around the field even more then he did in Barcelona.

Someone should slap him, bench him and tell him hes not playing good enough.

Teamwise Messi has become bigger then any team he plays in and everyone is waiting for him to do everything.

Everyone passes to him, even if theres much better options.

Fantastic goal though, but thats not enough for a player like him.

Kerrybai

Holy cow! 2 goals, 2 golazo's.

A few of us here called a game with few goals... Argentina are poor when they have possession. They will do much better going forward against teams who are not so negative.

I like Messi like everybody else in this forum. Still we should be objective enough to say that his performance today was bad. The entire team was playing awfully. Messi had 5 brilliant seconds and decided the game, but that won't be enough against stronger opponents. The whole team and himselfnhave to improve a lot if they really want to play a role in the final games.

You should be objective enough to realise Argentina are no good against these teams.

Someone should slap him and tell him hes not playing good enough.

Teamwise Messi has become bigger then any team he plays in and everyone is waiting for him to do everything.

Everyone passes to him, even if theres much better options.

Fantastic goal though, but thats not enough for a player like him.

What game were you watching, Argentina played down the wings and didn't involve Messi as much as they could have. I was screaming for them to go through Messi more.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

He wasn't bad as people in the chat were saying, but for some periods of the game he disappeared. Maybe because all the argies were doing was crossing. Great goal. Aguero and higuain were terrible too.

NotInHere

The goal was amazing honestly, truly a special moment to witness. People will come here and say he didnt do anything, but I disagree, during the first half I was questioning him, but in the second half he improved, not by much, but he improved.

That goal was just amazing to watch.

Alik

I think he realizes his role is just to save the team now so he just walks until the team is in big trouble towards the end

:coffee:
:lol:

The goal was amazing honestly, truly a special moment to witness. People will come here and say he didnt do anything, but I disagree, during the first half I was questioning him, but in the second half he improved, not by much, but he improved.

That goal was just amazing to watch.

I actually think he played better in the first half.

Leo10

gangnam-style-haters-gonna-hate.gif

e28makaveli

Can't do it for Argentina.

Precisely.

Just how many bad touches did Arguero have? With Iran, you had to take advantage of quick counter after they commit but this requires that everyone execute properly. There were a lot of players on the Argentine team with poor touch.

Also, Argentina kept crossing into the box even though they were beat on the header every time. Besides the Messi shot, I cannot recall any other long range shots.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He wasn't bad as people in the chat were saying, but for some periods of the game he disappeared. Maybe because all the argies were doing was crossing. Great goal. Aguero and higuain were terrible too.

The thing that Messi either played too deep in midfield that he was almost a CM like in the 1st half ,or he was put in attack and then he found himself isolated and barely gets the ball ,The lack of quality midfield players are really hurting Argentina

Pepe Silvia

Incredible goal! Team looks like crap though. Someone mentioned the team might improve as the tourney goes on cuz teams will attack and I agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans