10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

I didn't watch the game, but judging from the comments, the first thing that comes to mind is - damn, I miss 2012. It was so easy to get used to Messi scoring in pretty much every game and playing every single game like it was his best ever.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Not a good game. Heavy first touch, awful passing. A game to forget.

Also, I can't believe that Penaldo will surpass Raul before Messi :facepalm:

Penalessi has more penalty goals than Ronaldo in the Champions League.

5 of Ronaldo's 69 CL goals are penalties.
8 of Penalessi's 67 CL goals are penalties.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Penalessi has more penalty goals than Ronaldo in the Champions League.

5 of Ronaldo's 69 CL goals are penalties.
8 of Penalessi's 67 CL goals are penalties.

Messi has 68 UCL goals.

And that only means he Cristiano doesn't get La Liga home cooking refereeing :pep:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Who's this Messi? I only know about Penalessi who plays for UEFAlona and he has 67 UCL goals.

I searched up this Messi kid on wikipedia and they show him having 68 UCL goals with 15 goals in the 2011/12 season. All I know is Penalessi had 14 UCL goals in 2011/12 with 4 penalty goals.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Warning

Lionel Messi did not play up to his ridiculous standard. He did not score 3 goals, he did not singlehandedly dismantle his opponent in every dribble, and he might have had a "bad day."

By the time you read this it might be too late, the hazardous fumes from the blown out of proportion conclusive posts might have consumed your mind. We recommended you abandon thread until the smoke clears, and go watch performances from his last two matches. This will help with the poisonous doubts.

And don't worry, He is still the best. Best of luck

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Who's this Messi? I only know about Penalessi who plays for UEFAlona and he has 67 UCL goals.

I searched up this Messi kid on wikipedia and they show him having 68 UCL goals with 15 goals in the 2011/12 season. All I know is Penalessi had 14 UCL goals in 2011/12 with 4 penalty goals.

Well, not sure if serious now, but the news yesterday was that Cristiano had passed Messi for UCL goals and only Raul was left, and Cristiano only scored once yesterday... soooo

ok from UEFA site. Messi 67,Cristiano 68. You were off in the Cristiano number.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Warning

Lionel Messi did not play up to his ridiculous standard. He did not score 3 goals, he did not singlehandedly dismantle his opponent in every dribble, and he might have had a "bad day."

By the time you read this it might be too late, the hazardous fumes from the blown out of proportion conclusive posts might have consumed your mind. We recommended you abandon thread until the smoke clears, and go watch performances from his last two matches. This will help with the poisonous doubts.

And don't worry, He is still the best. Best of luck

lel

footyfan

Calma, calma
OK seriously.

Messi has 67 UCL goals with 0 in qualifying, i.e all in the main competition. All of Raul's 71 UCL goals are also in the main competition. Ronaldo has 69 UCL goals, with 68 goals in the main competition and 1 in qualifying. The news yesterday you heard refers to main competition. But UEFA all time stats also consider qualifying goals, so Ronaldo actually passed Messi with his all important penaldo in the final last year.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
OK seriously.

Messi has 67 UCL goals with 0 in qualifying, i.e all in the main competition. All of Raul's 71 UCL goals are also in the main competition. Ronaldo has 68 UCL goals, with 67 goals in the main competition and 1 in qualifying. The news yesterday you heard refers to main competition. But UEFA all time stats also consider qualifying goals, so Ronaldo actually passed with Messi with his all important penaldo in the final last year.

Yeah I edited the top comment after looking at official UEFA website. What threw me off was your 67 for Messi and 69 for Cristiano in the original comment. I knew the difference was just once since the news was Cristiano passing Messi after scoring yesterday.

It's all good :)

CuleLife4Life

Who cares about Penaldo and how many goals he has. I want Messi to have a good performance for Barca regardless of all of the competition we the fans are bringing up. Messi doesn't give a crap about that type of stuff because he is trying to help the team unlike CR7 who lives for personal records.

But I'm sad to say this but he didn't have a good game :( Maybe it was an off day.

Kerrybai

OK seriously.

Messi has 67 UCL goals with 0 in qualifying, i.e all in the main competition. All of Raul's 71 UCL goals are also in the main competition. Ronaldo has 69 UCL goals, with 68 goals in the main competition and 1 in qualifying. The news yesterday you heard refers to main competition. But UEFA all time stats also consider qualifying goals, so Ronaldo actually passed Messi with his all important penaldo in the final last year.

Nobody seriously takes qualifying into account, Shevchenko for instance has 11 goals i qualifying which are usually disregarded in stat tables.

Messi had a poor game tonight. So far this season 3 great games and 1 poor one. He's always direct in the final 3rd where he tries to make difficult passes while others might play a simple pass. Theses passes break down buses but as a side effect they often don't work. Tonight his passing in these positions was off and his first touch was heavy.

As usual he comes away with a great moment ( lovely free kick to Pique ). It was also great to see him link up with Neymar. Their synergy is already far beyond last season.

Kerrybai

Whoscored gave Messi a 9 rating for his performance, i dont know why people take it serious.

Whoscored is great for stats...but from a rating point of view they suck as they give too much weight to goals and assists. Basically a player could suck all game and then score a tap in and get a 9.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Whoscored gave Messi a 9 rating for his performance, i dont know why people take it serious.

The recorded stats well warrant the rating (10 dribbles, 102 touches, 81% pass accuracy, 6 key passes, winning assist) but I feel like he didn't actually reach 10 dribbles. This was one of the few games where high statistical involvement and effectiveness didn't actually translate to real life efficiency, basically not taking into account his sloppiness and the unsuccessful nature of his various attempts/maneuvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans