10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

Interesting video but even more interesting debate. There's pretty much no rational competition between Messi and CR for dribbling (or most things for that matter), but these 3 are of a similar level of brilliance and innate talent as Leo in maneuvering the ball. Thoughts?
god damn amazing players.

The one that stands out for me is Ronaldo though, he had amazing pace with amazing ball technique. Maradona was a tad better version of Messi, Dihno was more about skill then anything.

R9 could have become the goat if he didn't suffer from injuries.

Gnidrologist

In my opinion Messi and R10's dribble styles can't be compared because they are so different. I guess you could compare the efficiency, but R10's would probably be last on the list of efficiency compared to the other three.
Yes. Most of the 'tricks' Ronnie did on the single spot. It was all nice and pleasant to watch, but didn't advance attacking much. Ronaldo was the most similar in terms of dribbling to Messi, it think. He was very strong on the feet, efficient as he didn't do needless feints, but simply pierced through defenses to score goals and almost never dived.

DinhoR10

It's kind of hard to say who's better since they're basically all on the same level, dribbling wise, it's more a style thing with them. At the end of the day they all get past their man.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think Ronnie was very efficient with his tricks. There were very much goals scored and chances created after his dribbles. It was not for showing off.

NotInHere

Who right now has the potential to be as good as Ronaldo, Maradona, Messi and Dihno though? I honestly can't think Neymar will be ever be as good as those when they were in there peak, his game might be flashy but those 4 in the video alongside Zidane were just in a different level.

There's probably some guy out there that we don't know of that could be as good as them.

Gnidrologist

I think Ronnie was very efficient with his tricks. There were very much goals scored and chances created after his dribbles. It was not for showing off.
Most of the efficient stuff was made when he created chances for his team mates. He's feints were mostly done in standing positions and had the purpose of ridiculing the defender. People probably remember the 2005 el classico at Bernabeu too much. He rarely gave that kind of performances. For example, in 2006, when Barca won CL his most significant contribution was DAT pass to Guily in semis against Milan. Otherwise he was invisible.

Jadentheman

Are you kidding? That Milan away game from him was insane. The home game wasn't too bad either. This was a guy making pirlo and ignazhi look like fools

I think that season he reached burnout quickly due to keeping it up on high level for every competition followed by his lifestyle of late night partying.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Well some people said he had a bad CL final. I wouldn't say bad as he created chances but didn't score or assist. Maybe it was because he had a false 9 role idk.

Then WC 2006 happen... Then you guys know the rest

Gnidrologist

Are you kidding? That Milan away game from him was insane. The home game wasn't too bad either. This was a guy making pirlo and ignazhi look like fools

I think that season he reached burnout quickly due to keeping it up on high level for every competition followed by his lifestyle of late night partying.
They are just some tricks that lead to nothing. He performed them in almost every game confirming what i said. He was most efficient when he passed the ball. His vision and skill to put the right weight and trajectory was the best at the time. Equal to Zidane and Messi. He would have thrived as a dedicated playmaker.

Alarcón

For me Maradona's dribbling is superior to anyone else. If he had been consistent like Messi, a goalscorer and not a cocaine addict, he'd be considered the best of all time, in my opinion.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Most of the efficient stuff was made when he created chances for his team mates. He's feints were mostly done in standing positions and had the purpose of ridiculing the defender. People probably remember the 2005 el classico at Bernabeu too much. He rarely gave that kind of performances. For example, in 2006, when Barca won CL his most significant contribution was DAT pass to Guily in semis against Milan. Otherwise he was invisible.

He was our main threat at that game. He was easily our best attacking player that evening too, not only did he assist Giuly's goal, he created almost all of our chances. He also had a shot on the woodwork. He wasn't invisible as you claim he was. Here's his performance (sorry I couldn't find one of better quality):

CatalinR10

rip pirlo's career

Zebulun

Enough internet for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans