10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Asian-Facepalm-Of-Shame.gif

dakt

Just to remind us all, the scale of Messi:
So one does not just simple do the math to model his worth on the pitch. Yes, fuck stats. He's so much more then that. Irreplaceable. Priceless.
Or as the author of this video says:
Imagine a legendary dribbler.
Imagine a devastating goalscorer.
Imagine a brilliant playmaker.
Yes, you can imagine Messi in all of them.

NotInHere

Whenever I watch south america sport channels, the analyst always speak so highly of Maradona and whenever they bring up Messi you'd think Messi couldn't even tie Maradonas shoes, people raised and still living in south america will always jizz themselves over Maradona, they literally think of him as a god over there lol, (speaking about the older folks, 50-70 who got to watch Maradona)

Thats why I think there's no goat, each generation has nostalgia over a player and they will never be convinced X player is better.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
lol Maradonna ... or the ONLY reason Argentina didn't win the WC in 2010 with the best player the world has ever seen at his peak.

Him and Pelé are making fools of themselves everytime they speak.

Devils

Maradona would never be able to admit the obvious that Messi is better than him.

The egos of the older football generation is absolutely out of this world. People like Maradona, Pele and Beckenbauer have made it unbearable to take them seriously anymore because everyone knows their comments are fuelled by their egos.

raskolnikov

I kind of get why Argentina's clearly prefer Maradona, he has given them way more and represented something, I mean look what he did to England in the wc, especially abck then that must have been very sweet for Argentines. Messi is basically a foreigner from their pov no matter how he tries.
It was the same with Napels and Maradona, showed them Southern clubs could win scudetto's as well, giving poverty stricken people hope and happiness.

Besides all that I actually think he had more talent than Leo, just look at how extremely naturally talented he is, despite all the drugs/parties/weight gains.
Messi,Dinho and fenomeno Ronaldo are/were extremely gifted as well but Maradona is the only one that seems to have more natural talent.

Messi has a lot of things over him of course: longetivity, goalscoring machine, arguably better dribbler, professional, humble, best club footballer ever etc etc.
When you look at Maradona, what he has over Messi besides the international accomplishments: even better passing, tricks, better ball control, freekicks, leadership and he inspires more.

Its not that weird that they prefer Diego, especially if you add the nostalgia factor in.

Maradona is a symbol that transcends football (for good or bad), Messi is just a footballer

For Argentina to win a WC, needs a proper MF

Funnily enough Messi being older next time will help Argentina more than a prime Messi (Unless Messi pulls a robben and is stil in his prime at 31). He'll dictate the midfield and provide all the creativity, and theres no shortage of young argentine attacking strength. Just needs a sturdy defense and a competent coach to really put him over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans