10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

One of my favorite Messi moments. :wub:

2mqtfmg.gif

I was gonna go to that game but my friend convinced me it was better to save the money since we would go to Valencia for 5 days afterwards.
watched it in a random pub near la rambla (in that street between kfc and mcdonald), still regret it.

Kilopatra

I just don't get it, How come he turned the outcome of the match without really putting any effort, We all know how messi always makes it look so easy, But this is a CL game with a disadvantage and pressure, He's injured, Yet he did in few minutes what our player couldn't do in 60 minutes, I don't know what to say.

This.

Brilliant!! :lol:

Awwww he looks just like his daddy!! Proud papa Messi. Lovely family.

Too bad Messi didn't mate with one of Maradona's daughters. That would have been awesome. A kid with the blood of La Pulga and El Diego...

Can you imagine? :wub: The pressure and expectation would be beyond belief though! That child would probably steer clear of football, become a doctor or lawyer :lol:

Arsene: "SIGN HIM!!!!"
:lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Side note but the kid looks formula fed, which is surprising considering how much time & help Antonella surely has for him

Good read from Neville

Last edited:

Pedram123

No you don't.

Yes, you do.
In fact i know of players who if they havent played for 2 days will say that they lack match fitness.
My friend, dont pretend you know something which you have no idea about - the high school level football doesn't even come close to what these players are playing.

Galning

Yes, you do.
In fact i know of players who if they havent played for 2 days will say that they lack match fitness.
My friend, dont pretend you know something which you have no idea about - the high school level football doesn't even come close to what these players are playing.

And you obviously know everything, I remember the days when you played for FC Barcelona.
If you honestly believe players will lose match fitness after 2 days then okay.

mixer

Yes, you do.
Stop it, mate. Losing match fitness after 2 days? Is it even possible?

This is Barcelona lad, da best team in the world. At this level you obviously dont lose fitness especially when you have daily trainings,

DavidVillano1

Yes, you do.
Football manager doesn't count!!

Kerrybai

So it appears SAF is experimenting with Rooney in midfield. Surely at 27 he should still be playing up front. If a player like Rooney can make the transition then surely it will be seemless for Messi if we he ever makes a similar transition.

Indignado

So it appears SAF is experimenting with Rooney in midfield. Surely at 27 he should still be playing up front. If a player like Rooney can make the transition then surely it will be seemless for Messi if we he ever makes a similar transition.

He's not experimenting, he's just ligning up his individually best players.

Irish_Cules

Messi doesn't have the work rate to play in midfield, not in a 4-3-3 anyway. He used to but this season he has clearly been given the licence to conserve his energy and focus on attacking. He obviously has all the other qualities required to play in midfield and it would only require him to up his work rate and defensive work to excel there. However, I think he is going to become accustomed to having the freedom he has now and play the rest of his career as a false 9 or eventually as no 10 in the hole. I suppose if he played as a no 10 he would basically be a midfielder but without the same defensive obligations.

I wonder will SAF experiment with Rooney in midfield more. When he was played on the wings in Europe he was not much more than a work horse and he didn't get to showcase his talent. The midfield is much more suited to his talents though. He's a very good passer, has a good footballing brain and he certainly has the work rate.

Pedram123

Sorry some people misunderstood me here.
What i meant was without the daily training, without touching the ball for 2-3 days - Then you would hear players complaining that they are not match fit.

Last edited:

mixer

Sorry some people misunderstood me here.
What i meant was without the daily training, without touching the ball for 2-3 days you - Then you would hear players claiming they are not match fit.
If someone is a pro footballer then it's obvious he has daily trainings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans