10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Iniesta has better vision, Xavi did before but I can't say the same anymore.
Iniesta has better vision, yet he's about half the statistics involving that, and much less highlight passes. He's better at dribbling, yet he's less than half the statistics involving that, and much less highlight dribbles. He truly must be a ghost, he ghosts past statistics. What next, he's better scorer?

spark

Iniesta has better vision, yet he's about half the statistics involving that, and much less highlight passes. He's better at dribbling, yet he's less than half the statistics involving that, and much less highlight dribbles. He truly must be a ghost, he ghosts past statistics. What next, he's better scorer?

Better at freekicks :messi:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

It's not 100% statistical is it. Iniesta isn't as attack minded of a player so obviously assist/key pass stats compared to Messi wouldn't be the same. It's really weird how you make football out to be a game purely based off of statistics, in a way that would point to Messi being the best player in every single aspect of football.

What's vision?

Kind of a loose term used to describe a players ability to pick out clever passes and outcomes

Jadentheman

I'm not saying he's 100% the best at passing/vision but he's among the top 3 in the world. Saying Ronaldinho ever was/is better is more hype than calling Messi the best at it.

You can say ever was from past compilations of his assists and even plays started. I can argue currently from HeilRj's two Ronaldinho teammates videos. Lots or chances. I have seen him play no one can give a better ball except for Beckham. Messi is good, but because he is the best player in the world currently everyone rates everything he does as the greatest.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

J

jiopi

It's not 100% statistical is it. Iniesta isn't as attack minded of a player so obviously assist/key pass stats compared to Messi wouldn't be the same. It's really weird how you make football out to be a game purely based off of statistics, in a way that would point to Messi being the best player in every single aspect of football.
No, but statistics are implication of it. Iniesta is attacking midfielder, and Messi plays on his level in the field plenty of times every game. And not only that, but Iniesta has Messi ahead of him, where as Messi doesn't have Messi.

With statistics it's just way easier to point out the collective reality, if we start to compare highlight passes which truly require extreme vision, Iniesta would lose quickly. Like we did with the "space creating" dribbling.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
No, but statistics are implication of it. Iniesta is attacking midfielder, and Messi plays on his level in the field plenty of times every game. And not only that, but Iniesta has Messi ahead of him, where as Messi doesn't have Messi.

With statistics it's just way easier to point out the collective reality, if we start to compare highlight passes which truly require extreme vision, Iniesta would lose quickly.

It's also about relative motives. Messi is always looking for a way to score a goal or create a goal in a direct manner, Iniesta is more about setting up a play and doing more foundation work.

Mr Hulot

In my opinion Messi is by far the most creative passer of our team, hence the player with the best vision. He has the most , but most importantly the most impressive and beautiful final passes. That said, Iniesta and Xavi are not benefiting by the fact that there is not a classic number 9 like Eto'o to have as a target. I find also strange that nobody mentions Cesc. For all his wrongs he has an amazing final pass and in my opinion he is our second best in terms of vision at the moment.

Obviously back in the day Xavi was the best of them all! For example:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Messi has made plenty of passes like that as well.

Messi and Friends starting now, stream if anyone needs.

He's up against Henry :wub:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans