10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

This is what separates Messi from every player in the world more than anything , his vision. Many players can score to s of goals but how many of them can produce assists like Messi?
Messi should be surrounded by the best players upfront. How many times have we seen Messi making some crazy assist just to find Pedro, Villa or Cesc or Alexis missing goals?

I diagree. He has excellent vision, but not the best. There is a better player one that can do it not looking

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I diagree. He has excellent vision, but not the best. There is a better player one that can do it not looking

If you're referring to Neymar or even Ronaldinho, I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are.

MagicianMessi

Are u blind? Look at that passing skills,vision,accuracy.He is simply the best.

There are other best creative midfielders I agree with that but there are no other palyers who score ton of goals are create ton of chances that also with awesome vision and passing.

Jadentheman

If you're referring to Neymar or even Ronaldinho, I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are.

I don't care what anyone else here thinks, but Ronaldinho has the better passing and vision. In fact I feel his teammates at Atletico truly waste his passes. You guys just day Messi is the best because you want him to be the best at everything in this sport. That's not true. Just comes with the hype I guess.

Mitchell1978

On Messi's vision, he is one of the few athletes who see the game (openings in a game, a feel on how opponents will react etc) a little faster (or better) like players like Cruyff, Maradonna (and some others) before him. Wayne Gretzky in hockey is another example of this.

J

jiopi

Messi most definitely has surpassed Ronaldinho's passing, he does more ridiculous, more precise passes, and more frequently. I've never seen anybody else cut whole teams with inch perfect ground balls like Messi. The season before he would have easily had over 50 assists, if Villa, Pedro and Sanchez would have scored those chances, like a normal players, Villa must have missed at least 10 1on1's before his injury.

You guys just day Messi is the best because you want him to be the best at everything in this sport. That's not true. Just comes with the hype I guess.
I really don't get posts like these, what kind of argument that is?

Yannick03

On the press conference in Chicago for his charity game :

Zico: "The best player of all time was Pelé. Now is Messi"

That is some praise, especially because it's coming from the almighty Zico...

I don't care what anyone else here thinks, but Ronaldinho has the better passing and vision. In fact I feel his teammates at Atletico truly waste his passes. You guys just day Messi is the best because you want him to be the best at everything in this sport. That's not true. Just comes with the hype I guess.

I see what you mean. In my opinion , Ronaldinho could have been greater than Messi had he continued his career. When I talk about Messi being the best b.c of his passing, I was comparing him with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan, Cavani and suarez. All of them score a lot of goals, but they don't have Messi's vision. It is probable that there are players with better vision than Messi, but not among those whom Messi competes against for being top scorer. I see what you mean about Ronaldinho. I think Ronaldinho is underrated b.c he didn't take football seriously for many years.

Let me put it to you this way.
Best player ever: Maradona
Best finisher: Ronaldo
Most talented player : Ronaldinho
Most consistent player: Messi ( best player today).

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Thats why Messi is the goat for me, he is scoring like Puskas or Gerd Muller, has the Vision of Laudrup, dribbling skills like Maradona, and all that while being extremely consistent on the highest level.

Its why he wins all the h2h's as well since most only have one aspect they controll, like a lot of goals, but he still get higher numbers.
I think in the history of the sport there have only been a few players who vould create that good while being a goalmachine.
Even with assists, im 100% sure he is in the top 3 from the last 4 year despite our poor finishers and him being our main goalscorer.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
On the press conference in Chicago for his charity game :

Zico: "The best player of all time was Pelé. Now is Messi"

That is some praise, especially because it's coming from the almighty Zico...

It's *possible* that this could've been mistranslated. Zico might've meant that Pele is the GOAT while Messi is the best player currently.

J

jiopi

It's *possible* that this could've been mistranslated. Zico might've meant that Pele is the GOAT while Messi is the best player currently.
Yeah, just watched the interview. That's what he actually meant.

footyfan

Calma, calma
An even better video than the last, this is from his best passing season 2011/12 (and it's just part 1 LOL):

[video=vimeo;51223432]http://vimeo.com/51223432[/video]

J

jiopi

This is why Messi is the false 9 of the team, he's the best goal scorer, the best dribbler and the best creative passer of the team. Put him anywhere else, and it's waste of his talent.

Ghost

Best player ever: Maradona
Best finisher: Ronaldo
Most talented player : Ronaldinho
Most consistent player: Messi ( best player today).
:lol:

Iniesta a better dribbler.
Ronaldo a better finisher.
Ronaldinho is more talented.
Messi can only dribble at high speeds.
Messi's passing is average.
Messi has poor vision.
Messi dissappears in big games.

Loads of crap I have been hearing lately..

At this rate, I reckon it won't be much till people start saying Messi is only better than C.Ronaldo at finishing anyway and that we should make a swap deal with Real. :facepalm:

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Yeah, it's funny reading how Messi isn't best at anything, yet he's dominating the sport more than anyone has ever done. Do I need to remind that Messi was World #1 as a winger, as a center forward and now as a false 9. There is no other player who can claim the same, Messi is the most complete player ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans