10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledBarca

Can #Messi break Gerd Muller's record (537 goals in 616 games) #fcblive Most official goals by a player for a single Club playing in a top european league? :D

¤ Notes:
- Gerd Muller's record for Bayern Munich 573 goals in 616 official games (via rsssf).
- Messi has 252 goals in 328 official games for Barcelona.
--------------------------

¤ Messi is almost 25, it depends on 3 things:
- How many years will Messi play for Barca?
- If he stay fit and away from injuries...
- If he stay motivated...

Let's say 8 more years?
So he needs an average of 40.25+ goals a season for the next 8 years to reach 574+ goals for Barcelona.

- Example:
2012-13 (25 years old): 60+
2013-2014 (26 years old): 55+
2014-2015 (27 years old): 50+
2015-2016 (28 years old): 45+
2016-2017 (29 years old): 40+
2017-2018 (30 years old): 30+
2018-2019 (31 years old): 25+
2019-2020 (32 years old): 20+

at this rate for example: in 8 years +325 goals ===> Total of 577+ goals for Barcelona at 32 years old :messi:

J

jiopi

There is no "truth". Assist isn't officially defined, so everybody has different criteria, hence different totals.

Maria

It was on tv last summer, while I was in vacation..apparently he was in a hurry to join Irina at the beach. Not that I judge, but I was just trying to point out that not every famous person is as interested to do charity work as Leo.

Henry_IB

Banned
Leo actually gives millions every year, but most of it goes to his foundation who builds hospitals or helps the schools from Argentina to buy modern equipment. He also has some actions with Unicef every year and spends a part of his summer with sick children.

The only footballers that are so involved as Messi(as far as I know) are Drogba and Eto'o. And as far as Cristiano goes he donates a 10th of what Leo gives and a foundation even had some complaints last summer because he was supposed to spend some time with some children with the Down Syndrome, but he stayed only 5 minutes with them and refused to touch them. So no, not every footballer or rich person does this kind of work.

I would like a source of the fact that he donates millions each year. Regardless, I never doubted or questioned that messi is a good guy and more sincere / do more than most famous people when it comes to charity. What bothered me is that people are praising this particular case with the boy as something godly when given how much he earns, average people donating 50 euro a month to africa is a achievement more worthy of praise.

Durden

He may like action figures and game consoles but he is no
longer a kid.

None of these things are inherently childish. Anything can be childish, it depends on how and why a person likes something or does it.

Not having a dig, I'm just sick of videogames being considered childish or immature- or something 'a kid does'- when I play them for the same reasons I paint, read, write and learn. I game because I'm so damn mature.

Um.. anyway... Another great season from Leo- it's a pity there was nothing he could do vs Chelsea and Madrid- did what he could, but no one would have performed outstandingly agaisnt Chelsea given their set up.

Superfly

Banned
Holy shit, Messi (and other players like Falcao, Drogba, Suarez, Materazzi, Julio Cesar, Forlan, Alves, Masch, Milito, Nesta) will be coming to the SunLife Stadium in Miami will be playing a match on June 23rd. Going to buy tickets for this and the Milan v Chelsea friendly that takes place a month later. So excited!

Vapor

Holy shit, Messi (and other players like Falcao, Drogba, Suarez, Materazzi, Julio Cesar, Forlan, Alves, Masch, Milito, Nesta) will be coming to the SunLife Stadium in Miami will be playing a match on June 23rd. Going to buy tickets for this and the Milan v Chelsea friendly that takes place a month later. So excited!
I just found about this a couple hours ago too. I'll be there the on the 23rd as well. SO PUMPED!! :002::w000t::dance:

Pepe Silvia

Leo actually gives millions every year, but most of it goes to his foundation who builds hospitals or helps the schools from Argentina to buy modern equipment. He also has some actions with Unicef every year and spends a part of his summer with sick children.

The only footballers that are so involved as Messi(as far as I know) are Drogba and Eto'o. And as far as Cristiano goes he donates a 10th of what Leo gives and a foundation even had some complaints last summer because he was supposed to spend some time with some children with the Down Syndrome, but he stayed only 5 minutes with them and refused to touch them. So no, not every footballer or rich person does this kind of work.
I found this on his biography.
When the tsunami hit South East Asia, Cristiano flew to Indonesia to help those in need. He auctioned off a few stuff to help raise funds for charity.
Although it doesn't state exactly what he did to "help those in need", it does sound pretty cool of the guy to at least help out.

hellsangel1

I hope Messi on a few occasions plays on the wings. Messi in the middle is how it should be 90% of the time but on occasions when we have trouble penetrating from the middle than he should attack from the wings. I wish he did that against Chelsea just to try something different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans