10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

impeh

Hi, its me..
if xavi and iniesta step up their game, then he wont need to drop so deep. He was picking the ball up in DM yesterday.. shouldnt be happening.

C

crackh0e

yeah, Leo really has bad form lately, I mean scoring just 5 in CL quarter final against some Bayern Leverkusen? give me a break everyone can do it without problem
nah whatever, this guy is something else and after this summer rest he will finally lift it up to Maradona level

He scored 4 against Valencia and 5 against Bayer Leverkusen not long after. That's his best form all year, goal-wise. But the Leverkusen game was on the 7th of March, and right NOW he's not in that good form. Why is it so hard to admit that as of now his form is bad?

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
am I the only one who thinks that messi is too readable recently? it feels like the last 10 shots from open play (in the last 2 games) got blocked by a defender...

he is the one who has scored the highest number of goals this season.. best scorer of the club , best assists , his passes are brilliant ..... and readable ??? really ??? he was covered by 6 defenders yesterday night and yet Messi was able to provide a brilliant pass to xavi which xavi should have scored but sadly failed....

its easy to say that from home being relaxed and watching football from tv...

abual3bed1

Can't you see tendencies? It has been pointing downwards since Milan. Most of his last goals were pens. The last matches he hasn't been playing even close to his best. I'm a Messi fan, so chill out, I know what he's done for us this season, but fact is he's not in good form NOW.

I know he's having a DIP in form, can't say that he's in the worse of forms. he's tired, playing every game with atleast 3 players are playing just to stop him. yet he made the run led to the goal last night.

this but then it's messi himself who doesn't wanna get subbed or rest.

at some point I blame Pep for that, he's the boss and should do the best for his player. but also, Messi is used to make his in-game rest but that's just not happening in the last few games.

abual3bed1

Oh the exaggeration...

ya I'm exaggerating, Messi who's been scoring for fun for 2 months is having his worse form after playing 2 average matches where the opposite coach appointed 3 players in each game just to stop him, yet he was behind the team's best plays in both matches. WOW!

Pitbull2k4

I think the problem is that no one is scoring besides Messi. You can mark Messi with half your team without getting punished because no one else is clinical. Yesterday Messi didn't managed much in front of goal but he did give a couple of passes to possibly decide the game early but they were not scored (Tello, Xaxi, etc.)

Kinlejus

ya I'm exaggerating, Messi who's been scoring for fun for 2 months is having his worse form after playing 2 average matches where the opposite coach appointed 3 players in each game just to stop him, yet he was behind the team's best plays in both matches. WOW!

I am not even gonna try to point out some stats to you, as I think it is pointless. So after two average matches you somehow see his form has been considerably degrading, how illusory Messi actually is. I remember people yelling how bad Messi's form is just after winter break and how he needed rest, yet the very next game he netted hattrick. Now the same story again.

abual3bed1

I am not even gonna try to point out some stats to you, as I think it is pointless. So after two average matches you somehow see his form has been considerably degrading, how illusory Messi actually is. I remember people yelling how bad Messi's form is just after winter break and how he needed rest, yet the very next game he netted hattrick. Now the same story again.

I was disagreeing with who said he's having a bad form.

e28makaveli

I would love to see one of you guys play 180 minutes weekly for 8 months, how would you look like

Thank you. :worthy: I cannot believe some of these ungraceful comments. This Messi kid has dragged this team all along to this point and folks have the guts to complain about sloppy play. Tell your other team mates to finish their chances.

e28makaveli

Can't you see tendencies? It has been pointing downwards since Milan. Most of his last goals were pens. The last matches he hasn't been playing even close to his best. I'm a Messi fan, so chill out, I know what he's done for us this season, but fact is he's not in good form NOW.
Give the kid a break. Not every single touch has to be a good one as he is human you know. The guy is heavily marked and of course there is also the element of fatigue as you mention. Again, others should step it up.

e28makaveli

if xavi and iniesta step up their game, then he wont need to drop so deep. He was picking the ball up in DM yesterday.. shouldnt be happening.
+1. Go look how many bad touches Xavi had yesterday. Thiago was handing the ball over to Madrid all first half and some of the second half. Luckily for him no one his gifts translated to a goal for Madrid.

e28makaveli

He scored 4 against Valencia and 5 against Bayer Leverkusen not long after. That's his best form all year, goal-wise. But the Leverkusen game was on the 7th of March, and right NOW he's not in that good form. Why is it so hard to admit that as of now his form is bad?

Because some of us appreciate his positive contribution to the team so much that the one or two bad touches he makes is irrelevant. Like someone already stated, he is behind EVERYTHING we do going forward, even when in "bad form". When was the last time Xavi made an assist and Iniesta for that matter? For the amount of knocks he gets in the name of tackes, I am very suprised how he manages to keep his cool. These are the kinds of attributes that makes it very hard for me to be critical of Messi. Yes, he could improve but so can the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans