10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel Traquete

Tbh I really want him to break Gerd Müller's legendary record of 67 goals in a season. If that means he also wins the Pichichi, fine, but if he doesn't it's no big deal.

Indeed, breaking Muller's record would be legendary. Who cares about the pichichi and Golden Shoe?

Those two must be the most overrated awards ever; you just need to look at the list of past winners to see its lack of significance. Does anyone think that the likes of Mario Jardel and or Dudu Georgescu (who has the record with 47 goals) among many other are among the sport's legends just because they won the Golden Shoe twice? Not to mention legends of the Spanish league like Dani Guiza and Salva Ballesta.

The pichichi and Golden Shoe are only being overhyped to fuel this supposed Messi Ronaldo rivalry. I don't remember anyone hyping Forlán as better than Messi when he won the pichichi/Golden Shoe from him in 2008/2009.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Indeed, breaking Muller's record would be legendary. Who cares about the pichichi and Golden Shoe?

Those two must be the most overrated awards ever; you just need to look at the list of past winners to see its lack of significance. Does anyone think that the likes of Mario Jardel and or Dudu Georgescu (who has the record with 47 goals) among many other are among the sport's legends just because they won the Golden Shoe twice? Not to mention legends of the Spanish league like Dani Guiza and Salva Ballesta.

The pichichi and Golden Shoe are only being overhyped to fuel this supposed Messi Ronaldo rivalry. I don't remember anyone hyping Forlán as better than Messi when he won the pichichi/Golden Shoe from him in 2008/2009.

it is not so important when it happens once.

Ender

I can't stop watching these two goals. The first broke through 8 (!!!) defenders parking the bus. The second was a laser to the right upper 90. Artistry.

messi1levante.gif
messi2levante.gif

:worthy:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
it is not so important when it happens once.
sadly, it is true. But fortunately this kinda achievement would regain its value 5 years down the line when no body else would have set a record even close to that for the past 5 years

Clks

Pichichi lost all meaning to me since last year, where the whole Madrid squad played League games for Ronaldo to score goals.

aki13

I cant understand the critism of Leo, in this game.

He can't play at his best every game, although he is still good enough to win us the game today.

The amount of games he has won for us when we are sub par is ridiculous. Time and time again, he pulls the result out for us. We would probably be 3rd if not for Leo this year.

He plays so often he does what he needs too, to win us games, if he played full on every match he made need 10 games rest a season, but this way he can score us the goals and win us the games.

Also its hard to play well when there is so little space

soarq

Anonymous in the first half. Put his shit back together in the 2nd one and eventually won the game. As usual. Just another day in the office. SICK!

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Messi: "I have never thought about life beyond Barca. My heart belongs to the club and I can never see the day arrive when I want to leave."

:worthy:

mixer

Messi: "Goals are only important if they lead to success. I'm far more interested in success of the team and not individual accolades"
Messi: "The PL is immensely exciting, when I get the opportunity I love to watch it. There's a great deal to admire about English football."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans