10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan22

lakers_oh_snap.gif

haha, "oooooooh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap" :D

Messi wasnt at his best yesterday. it indeed seemed that he's a bit tired. still he was involved in almost every goal, plus scored one...isnt it ridiculous?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Indeed, ridiculous...But unfortunately the talk of Messi-dependencia is going to rear it's head over & over again - until others step up like Alexis was able to

There is a distinct lack of sharpness, almost as if they are either tired or in preseason mode...Although it's important to remember, they can't always play at the perfect rhythm we have become accustomed to

BarcaGirl

Pele talking shit again about Messi and saying Neymar is overall better than him, and that he doesn't perform in his NT ...

Could someone please send this idiot back to the Museum where he escaped from? So much jealousy towards Messi, he's making a fool of himself. What I would give to see Messi lift the WC Trophy '14 in front of Pele.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Pele talking shit again about Messi and saying Neymar is overall better than him, and that he doesn't perform in his NT ...

Could someone please send this idiot back to the Museum where he escaped from? So much jealousy towards Messi, he's making a fool of himself. What I would give to see Messi lift the WC Trophy '14 in front of Pele.

No break for the twat.

ryuken

I dont even get why ppl still give a fuck bout pele, the cunt just lived off his old image and talk nonsense almost every time he open that mouth.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Pele's words have been irrelevant for decades. How many times has his WC predictions been a kiss of death? I don't care how great he was as a player, the game has past him by and he knows nothing except what his friends in the Brazilian federation and government pay him to say.

Richard.H

I don't understand. Why would someone so old disrespect someone so young? Does this old man know anything about respect or etiquette? You are quite old for focks sake, who ever hears of old people talking shit?

Clockwise

Buccaneer
It's not that unheard of tbh old guys with big achievements and long time praise usually take it a bit hard when someone much younger gets praised for things similar to what they used to get the spot light for. Their reactions gets revealed when they talk about/are asked of their opinion of the young wonder which actually indicates that people still got respect for them and are willing to know what they've got to say despite the emergence of the wonder boy and It goes back to the personality and degree of self respect the old guy possess that defines what reactions they're going to receive after them giving their opinion.

Some are always/most of the time/ usually supportive of the emergence of the new talent like Diego which increases the respect for them and usually cement their high position in their field and some are insecure or scared of being forgotten or jealous ( something you don't expect from such age and experience but is in no way infrequent) these guys sometimes are able to deal with their insecurity and avoid immature comments and some other can't hold it, Pele being a case of this category, which results in loss of respect for them and that can intensify their jealousy and foul mouthing. There can be some other group that prefers keep their opinion to themselves because they're reserved or want to avoid being judged or create misunderstandings.

The expression of opinion also depends on personality/opinion/actions of the wonder boy but in our case Leo Messi has always showed humility and high respect for old greats so the foul mouthing and stupid comments from them are in no way justified.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Saw an interesting documentary on Suisse TV last night about sports psychology - they profiled a few particular types and I found it interesting on how the addiction to sport is not unlike that for a drug...The void that can occur once sport ends can be debilitating in a variety of ways

Some collapse and descend into destructive behaviour like a drug addict (Maradona comes to mind) or suicidal (Like with Speed or Enke I suppose)...Many become ultra competitive into their late years regardless of the endeavour or sport (Made me wonder if Pep fell into this category)

So I don't know that you can put Pele into a 'What is this old man thinking' category...He was an elite athlete in his time and his likely wired differently than most of us - so easy to see he has an axe to grind with others, particularly those who aren't Brasilian

Anyway, it was pretty interesting to ponder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans