10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Keita: "At Barça, it's Leo and the rest"

735be6e1_kermit-bale-nod.gif

Barcafan 2304

The point is regarding the Argentina-Messi 'concern' is that, i think, every world class player in virtually every team they have played in is the focal point. Maradonna was a focal point of the Argentina and various club sides he played in, likewise with Pele of Brazil and the likes of Cruyff, Puskas, Johnstone, Best etc etc. Those teams identified their talents and sought to play him in an area and system that gave them best chance to take advantage of their talent. IMHO, Argentina don't do that. They seem content seeing Messi have to collect the ball way back on the halfway line and in an area where he cannot make best use of his skill. In fact, i'd go as far as saying that at Barca, he is identified as a goalscorer first and foremmost whereas with the national side, they seem content to use him in the playmaker role. Small wonder then he does not have the strike rate at international level that he enjoys with Barcelona

La LL

Generally Delightful
Must definitely play less that last season. This competition with CR7 on who scores the most, is just plain childish.

Save him for the epic games. It is those goals that really count.

Are you on the wacky tobaccy? Like hell Messi is gonna be on the sidelines. He wants to play and score: I say let him.

And to the rest of you: There ain't no pumpkin-cut freak of a kid with a feminine voice in our fanbase. I won't accept it.

Besides he's Canadian... what do they know about football? ;)

Yugi

I just remembered this moment and have to say, when Messi really tries, he can defend, attack, create
absolutely complete player

dalitis8

Banned
Are you on the wacky tobaccy? Like hell Messi is gonna be on the sidelines. He wants to play and score: I say let him.

And to the rest of you: There ain't no pumpkin-cut freak of a kid with a feminine voice in our fanbase. I won't accept it.

Besides he's Canadian... what do they know about football? ;)

Where did I say that Messi should be on the sidelines. I only said that he should play less than last season. I did not say that he should only play half the games, but he should be more protected than last season. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans