10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

La LL

Generally Delightful
Fans of Argentina tend to forget that Messi is still only 23 years old.

Maradona didn't win the world cup until he was 26. Messi will be 27 at the time of 2014. A perfect age for the world cup in terms of experience.

Messi is good, but I believe he'll become even better with time just like a fine wine. I think he's gonna peak right around age 25-27.

Barcafan 2304

Messi is the victim of his own success and outrageous ability. Think some Argentinian's expect him to single-handedly win the World Cup for them

M

mitkoa7x

I thought he cant improve on what he did in 2009-10 but this year he played so good he made the messi from 09-10 look like a noob...

La LL

Generally Delightful
He made the Messi of 09-10 look human. This season was, well, superhuman, he was simply a freak of nature this season.

Can't wait to see how he fares this season!

It's like every game is a Christmas present when this guy is in it! You never know what you're gonna get but you know the present will be from him.

T

tariqo

Hahaha @ Messi potential quitting Argentina. If he quits he's officially below Maradona no matter what he wins with Barcelona.

he is already the best ever play this game , even if he didn't win anything with argentina

by the way,, chelsea sucks

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
he is already the best ever play this game , even if he didn't win anything with argentina

Err, no, a 24 year old who played his entire career for a team loaded with superstars is not the best ever to play the game. Don't be ridiculous.

XxBradKennedyxX

fuck sake not this arguement again, you're not going to convince people you're right, so just leave it, bringing up anyhing about messi vs maradonna/pele/di stefano will just end up in pages of arguements. but for what its worth I dont think its fair to judge players off what they win, different teams, its just not fair to compare, just wathc the players perform week in week out and decide for yourself who you think is best.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Who mentioned him quitting the national team? Can't find anything.

He's 24, let's enjoy the next 10 years and then we can decide if he's the greatest.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Who mentioned him quitting the national team? Can't find anything.

He's 24, let's enjoy the next 10 years and then we can decide if he's the greatest.

AFA president Julio Grondona...

He said all the criticism Messi gets could drive him to hang up his Argentina boots..

In reality there's a better chance of Real winning the treble...

Chainsaw

Killahead
"Nobody is a prophet in his land." These were the words of Javier Zanetti to Leo Messi as an advice not to listen to the criticisms and have fun playing as it makes you play better: "We know Messi is a different player, able to make a difference at any time."

T

tariqo

Err, no, a 24 year old who played his entire career for a team loaded with superstars is not the best ever to play the game. Don't be ridiculous.

the same thing would be said about pele, zidane, ronaldo

but who said if he played only for 1 team is somthing against him ?

is loyalty not important :rolleyes:

fuck sake not this arguement again, you're not going to convince people you're right, so just leave it, bringing up anyhing about messi vs maradonna/pele/di stefano will just end up in pages of arguements. but for what its worth I dont think its fair to judge players off what they win, different teams, its just not fair to compare, just wathc the players perform week in week out and decide for yourself who you think is best.

so , u just sign in to leave this comment ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans