10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genossa

I know betting sites change based on who's betting what - but over here the favourite is Messi, followed by Iniesta and then Ronaldo.

It would be a crime IF Ronaldo won it, but then anyone who doesn't have RM/CR7 blinkered specs on will know that. You don't set all the records Messi did, score more, assist more, and even win more than your 'opponent' and end up not getting the vote over him. It's true that having the better impression and professionalism helps as well.

Whether he does get the award or not, the stats will show who the better player was, regardless of who's name is on the trophy.

Messi isn't defined by stats, they are simply a by-product of his phenomenal skill in so many aspects. However, many CR fans used to use stats as the reason why Cr is the best, now, Messi simply beat Ronaldo at his own game.

Caluhu

What a day. 8 years since his debut for Barca. 75 caps for Argentina. And he rounded it up with yet another good performance.

The goal was a great one too! I was in as much surprise as the whole Chilean defense. He was so quick and so swift at reading the game that by the time the Chileans reacted, he was already one-on-one with the keeper. Coolly maneuvered afterward as well. :worthy:

And not just that, he could even bagged a couple of assists had the others were more clinical. :worthy:

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
For a second I thought he was going to lose the ball there, but he managed to create the right window for a shot... Great goal...

J

jiopi

Messi has now equalled Batistuta's record for goals in calendar year for Argentina having scored 12 in 8 games, Batistuta 12 in 12 games 1998, and it also beats Pele's best haul 11 in 9 games 1959.

Under coach Sabella Messi has now been scoring 1 per game, 14 goals in 14 games.

J

jiopi

di-4QPU.gif

di-63ML.gif

di-84LK.gif

di-IL93.gif

di-HAWG.gif

How did Di Maria and Fernandez miss those sitters? :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans