1 - Victor Valdes

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He made nonsensical decisions affecting both sides, and seemed to think every foul that anyone committed was a yellow card. Then he doesn't give one of the clearest penalties I've seen for a while, and books our players for complaining. Seems pretty disgraceful to me.

Then again, this is La Liga.

spark

Not everybody can be a Puyol,

and be composed on the field all of the time. That's the goal but ultimately players are human. Valdes reaction was over the top but that's his personality. Mou teams seem to make him the angriest.

Jimi

always loved Valdes, love him even more after that, wasn't disgraceful, thats what la liga is like, shite referees who get away with being clueless refs... He was a bit all over the place, some of those cynical tackles by both teams went unpunished for the most part, then the big fouls and penalty calls went uncalled. its frustrating, to barca fans, real fans, the players... i can understand his outburst.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He made nonsensical decisions affecting both sides, and seemed to think every foul that anyone committed was a yellow card. Then he doesn't give one of the clearest penalties I've seen for a while, and books our players for complaining. Seems pretty disgraceful to me.

Then again, this is La Liga.

While I do think that it was a penalty, I don't think it's as clear as you're implying. The main reason being that the contact was very slight and Adriano made the most of it. He got tripped but then exaggerated by jumping belatedly. Watch the replay again. As a ref, it's very difficult at that point to make the right decision, because if the player is faking even a little bit, it creates a doubt in the ref's mind.

Complaining is a mild way to put it. 4-5 Barca players surrounded the ref even though Madrid was countering on the wing. Thank God Alves had some sense in him and tracked Ronaldo. Even after we won the ball back, instead of making himself available for the pass, Iniesta goes and berates the ref again. And deservedly gets a yellow for it.

As for Valdes, it is completely disrespectful for the team captain to go and give an earful to the ref so aggressively, especially considering that the ref probably has a job that is much much harder than Valdes'.

Jimi

every one in the world has "jobs" some harder than others granted, but if you don't do your job properly people around you won't say well done, they'll have a go, you fuck up, people will tell you. Why are refs so protected, they should be accountable. Spot on Valdes

sabby

I think now I understand a bit about Valdes not wanting to renew his contract. He's won everything 2 or more times. Now because of the tactics and defense, he is conceding an avg of 1.5-2 goals a match. That will bring down his confidence. And most of all, the management shows no sign to solidify the defense. Nobody would want to be a GK behind a defense consisting of Mascherano, Alves, Alba and Pique (current form). He might change his mind if we sign a quality CB or two.

Leo10

Yea a match official who voluntarily tried to change the outcome of the game and did. Any self respecting Being Wouldve called him off for what he did. Bending over like you guys want to do is not dignity, its being a pu**y, i applaud victor for tHat, became a hero for me today

:goodpost:

Today's referee Perez Lasa, who retires in June, didn't yet give any penalty against Madrid, in 30 Liga games #fcblive

Valdes is a legend, this ref is a disgrace.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
While I do think that it was a penalty, I don't think it's as clear as you're implying. The main reason being that the contact was very slight and Adriano made the most of it. He got tripped but then exaggerated by jumping belatedly.

1ymjio.jpg

Seems pretty clear to me.

Home of Barca Fans