1 - Victor Valdes

T.I.

If he really leaves, I could imagine he might end up in Arsenal. As for Bayern or Chelsea, its unlikely he will go there, unless he wants to be second choice goalkeeper.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Not good enough.

Great way of supporting that with arguments.

The fact that with AS Roma it did not work out doesn't mean he is a very good goalkeeper. Just look at vdSar, who totally failed in Italy and after a period at Fulham really showed what he is capable of at Manchester United.

1) Stekelenburg has good reflexes
2) He is capable of playing the role we as Barcelona want from our goalkeeper; sweeper keeper. Being able to play as last man and help the build up.
3) The sheer fact Roma do not want him as #1 goalkeeper makes him CHEAP. Let's finally NOT pay tens of millions of euros to get players to Camp Nou... (Song, Alexis, Cesc, Zlatan, Villa and so on!)

I am not saying he is the absolute best keeper out there, but I am saying that he is up for grabs now and does possess the characteristics of a Barcelona goalkeeper. And that is something 'better' goalkeepers can't easily say.

jklz

Van der Sar didn't really fail at Juventus. Juventus just had their eye on this kid called Buffon, and rightly so.

Richard.H

Do you guys think he'll leave in January or end of the season?

It would be completely disrespectful for him to leave during the January transfer window. We are still chasing the Copa and the UCL. Who the hell would be our GK? Pinto for the rest of the season?

AvocadoCake

Well, Stekelenburg, Ter Stegen (maybe, i know he played in the qualifying stages but i'm not sure that counts), Leno aren't cup locked, but if he tries to force a move out in January i'd be pretty pissed

If he doesn't leave in January then we'd need 2 news keepers in the summer, A VV- and a Pinto-replacement... Oier to replace Pinto?

Cule4life

The Culest
Somewhere Guaita is smiling and dreaming of a CL trophy in his hands
And Ter stegen please start learning catalan. He will be the best option. Young, tall, good at set pieces and decent with ball at his feet with huge scope to improve
Check out the this video of Ter stegens saves

Im not a big fan of Valdes but damn i will be sad to see him go. It will be strange seeing someone else manning our posts. Maybe he wanted to experience other cultures or maybe the pressure became too much for him with all the criticism and errors.

KhaledBarca

BA4H26SCMAAAwRU.png:large

El Guaje

Boo yaa best news since it was announced that Keita was leaving. Not sad or disappointed at all :)

Where does he want to go? Its not like hes an in-demand GK that a top club would fight for...

Garrus

Think about it this way, If he think he doesn't have all of his heart with barca anymore, Or maybe isn't as motivated as before, Why would he chose to stay?, He'll be a damp to the team.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Boo yaa best news since it was announced that Keita was leaving. Not sad or disappointed at all :)

Where does he want to go? Its not like hes an in-demand GK that a top club would fight for...

:facepalm:

Can't really think where he'd go, perhaps Slick Vic will end up with us. We need a GK

Garrus

'It seems his agent and father didn't accept the request of the club's administration to postpone the announcement to the media, Due to the current status of the team still competing in la liga and copa.'

This isn't a way to handle things, Completely inappropriate, And this can turn very ugly for victor, The fans won't tolerate this and i'm one of them.

Home of Barca Fans