1 - Victor Valdes

zanela

I refer you to yourself

Has Lopez ever made a direct assist to the opposition?

you obviously equate flailing around like a carp with legendary goalkeeping.

so that shows what you know.

No, but i don't see what so commendable about keeping for a team when he really didn't 've much to do. I'd say Lopez/Palop/Casillas would 've also won the zamora playing for us last season.

it isn't like that at all. did you even think before you typed that?

the reason villa is still at valencia is because until now villa has rejected any move abroad, and valencia stupidly rejected two mammoth bids from barcelona and real madrid. it has nothing to do with his quality. good lord.

That's exactly what i meant. :icon_confused:

but in 08/09 when lopez was undisputed first-choice they finished 5th.

funny, that.

Since when did a team's season standing only depend on the GK?

and yet ferguson preferred to go with ben foster and tomasz kuszack...

Ferguson didn't spend much last summer. He only replaced the ladyboy with Valencia and brought in owen on a free. So, it could 've well been financial reasons.

true I suppose, but there's also palop, who was excellent and finished second in the zamora to valdés. or was that down to his excellent defence as well?

Considering, Sevilla didn't keep as much possession or destroyed teams like we did going forward, Palop had much more work to do. So, yes he deserves it. :blush:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Has Lopez ever made a direct assist to the opposition?

I don't watch enough villarreal but I've seen him make big blunders.

No, but i don't see what so commendable about keeping for a team when he really didn't 've much to do. I'd say Lopez/Palop/Casillas would 've also won the zamora playing for us last season.

iker yeah. palop possibly. lopez? no. he's not in that class. stop pretending he is.

That's exactly what i meant. :icon_confused:

ahhh okay.

could you point me to where diego lopez said he wouldn't move outside spain?

and then, if it's not too much trouble, could you show me where spanish clubs had huge bids for him rejected? please? because if you don't can't produce these things, then the situations are in fact not at all the same at all. honestly.

Since when did a team's season standing only depend on the GK?

it doesn't, but when the GK is one of the key personnel changes, it's worth looking at.

Ferguson didn't spend much last summer. He only replaced the ladyboy with Valencia and brought in owen on a free. So, it could 've well been financial reasons.

he spent 16m on valencia and 3m on obertan.

if lopez was that good (and if he's better than valdés then he's way better than foster and kusczack) then ferguson would have spent the money to bring him in.

but he didn't.

glean from that what you will.

Considering, Sevilla didn't keep as much possession or destroyed teams like we did going forward, Palop had much more work to do. So, yes he deserves it. :blush:

this just says it all, really.

I think I'll leave this debate now.

you obviously have something against valdés, and hey, you're entitled to.

but I'm not gonna waste my time proving you wrong to choruses of "NO BUT LOPEZ IZ BETTER!"

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Valdes has been Spain's best goalkeeper this season.
He's also the worlds mest underrated goalie. He fits our system the way a hand fits into a glove. If someone would have came up, made an Iker Casillas nr 2 and made the proposition of switching Iker and Valdes I would have gone with valdes. Don't know about the rest of you but meh.

zanela

I don't watch enough villarreal but I've seen him make big blunders.

Big blunders don't equate to direct assists.

iker yeah. palop possibly. lopez? no. he's not in that class. stop pretending he is.
I'm not pretending. Everyone can't 've the same opinion as you do.

ahhh okay.

could you point me to where diego lopez said he wouldn't move outside spain?

and then, if it's not too much trouble, could you show me where spanish clubs had huge bids for him rejected? please? because if you don't can't produce these things, then the situations are in fact not at all the same at all. honestly.

I never meant to say the situations are the same. Just telling you that you don't 've to be playing for a Top club to prove your good.
There were no official bids for him. But he was monitored by Man Utd and others. If he didn't move last summer doesn't mean he is no good or won't move in the coming window..
Valdes was nearing exit at the back of a treble. So how come the treble winner had no concrete offers from any of the Top clubs?...

he spent 16m on valencia and 3m on obertan.

if lopez was that good (and if he's better than valdés then he's way better than foster and kusczack) then ferguson would have spent the money to bring him in.

but he didn't.

glean from that what you will.

He brought in players to replace those who left the club. He already had 3 keepers. So, i don't think that position needed immediate attention for the time being.

this just says it all, really.

Yep, it says that i don't rate Valdes as much as you do. And, it certainly doesn't mean i've something against him.

Chucka

Hussein Said know your role
Haha, Zanela you make out Valdes gives direct assists every game :lol: He gets the ball from us plenty and plenty of times and as you said, mistakes do happen. And if anything Lopez makes more, which he shouldn't as he has more to do so therefore will be on his toes and constantly on guard, Valdes as you yourself pointed out doesn't have to be on guard all the time but still makes better saves and less mistakes. For example Barca vs Chelsea, Valdes had hardly anything to do then Marquez mucks up and gives the ball to Drog, Valdes, after hardly doing anything suddenly has a one on one to deal with. Which he does deal with, superbly may i add.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Zanela Victor was hardly heading for the exists after the treble and the amount of money that he was asking for put off potential suiters until it was clear that Barca were not going to entertain them.

I was one of Victor's fiercest critics but he has been outstanding this season in particular and I really wouldn't swap him for anyone at the moment.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
VV is ruling his goal so hard lately. Would have been his 13th clean sheet if it wasn't for that penalty.

Leroy

Brown
This guy must put glue on his gloves before the match, the amount of saves he hangs onto is amazing. Top notch keeper, top notch performance.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Thank god everybody now sees how great he is, even though he does the occasional blunder every once in a while he's one of the best goalkeepers in the history of our club. Watch him make legendary status in a few years time.

Home of Barca Fans