1 - Victor Valdes

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
We are slowly approaching his annual drop in form, let's hope it doesn't get too bad.

thas the spirit leroy... i think he already had it with the dynmo gol and the one before that with the header he let in he is still awsome and deserves WC for me

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
i honestly cannot picture Barca without Valdes, might not be the best keeper in the world but he pops up with some amazing saves

What this guy said. There isn't a keeper in the world that doesn't make mistakes but at times it seems as though VV is the only keeper who's expected to be perfect in 100% of games. The man has made key saves in two champions league finals and excelled in many other high profile matches, the fact that some continue to question him is a total mystery to me. A team's goalkeeper is probably the most difficult player to replace, all top sides have trouble replacing long term keepers and the fact we've got a settled choice for the number 1 shirt should be valued as a real bonus to our prospects of success.

Gwenier

What this guy said. The man has made key saves in two champions league finals and excelled in many other high profile matches, the fact that some continue to question him is a total mystery to me.

Also's not clear enough why oh why: " La Furia Roja coach, del Bosque, recently said that he recognized Valdés’ achievements but does not see a place for him in la Selección right now".
Who is better i wonder??? Who else in La Liga having the best deffense in the world (let's admit it without false modesty) would be able to keep such a perfect level of concentration in every game?!
As for me, VV i C.Puyol are the Spain's number 1 hope. But ...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think he is the most underrated La Masia player, I find it weird that even culés like us doubt him, we tend to forget he is homegrown too! I think this season he has been stellar, and last season was very good too, his fuckups didn't cost us much and were greatly surpassed by his good performances... Valdés + Pinto = Goalkeeping badassery!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I think he is the most underrated La Masia player, I find it weird that even culés like us doubt him, we tend to forget he is homegrown too! I think this season he has been stellar, and last season was very good too, his fuckups didn't cost us much and were greatly surpassed by his good performances... Valdés + Pinto = Goalkeeping badassery!
Leeet's not exaggerate, he looks awesome but he's not imo. The perfect back-up goalie. :party00231:

jairzinho

The thing is, he deserves the #1. No keeper in the world can touch him.

Valdes should be over Reina though.............................

yeah, i can;t understand why victor is not or has not been in any spanish squad..reina is a good keeper and ex barca product but valdes has been consistenly good in recent seasons and deserves a selection to La Furia Roja

Butaan4barca

yeah, i can;t understand why victor is not or has not been in any spanish squad..reina is a good keeper and ex barca product but valdes has been consistenly good in recent seasons and deserves a selection to La Furia Roja

he might not be better than iker...but he is better than all the rest spanish keeper....spain definetly need a experience bench keeper...and plus he deserves it

zanela

I don't rate Valdes as much as you lot do. Yes, he works well for our system. But can he do it in every team? esp one having a porous defense or that doesn't play possesion football meaning he'll 've to be facing the opposition much more than he does playing for us. While he has improved, he is still prone to lapses and brain farts which can prove very detrimental and crucial when playing for the national side. Though the other spanish keepers do make errors but they still seem more reliable and assuring than Valdes. IMO, DL is a better keeper than Valdes and the latter would've worse stats had he played for Villareal instead.

Home of Barca Fans