1 - Victor Valdes

[FCB]Messi[10

Today V.V. was wearing the golden gloves.
victor-valdes-barcelona.jpg

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Why he never get call up by spain? he, reina, and casillas should be a fantastic roster for spain.

desoe

Why he never get call up by spain? he, reina, and casillas should be a fantastic roster for spain.

It's funny how Spain is having 3 or 4 goalies and everyone of them could be a starter for any other country, and in same time England is having serious troubles to find even one, who doesn't suck :lol:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It's somewhat bemusing how he still holds a reputation as anything other than a top class keeper. Is it another storm whipped up by the English media? Compared to other top keepers he makes no more errors, his shot stopping is superb, there isn't a better keeper in a one on one situation. I'm convinced that the poor performance against Liverpool several years ago is the reason for his continued low stock internationally.

Galning

Good game by VV.
He mistimed a save once, when Pablo tried to lob the ball over him from his own half. But other than that, good!

G.J

V.H. 4 life
It's somewhat bemusing how he still holds a reputation as anything other than a top class keeper. Is it another storm whipped up by the English media? Compared to other top keepers he makes no more errors, his shot stopping is superb, there isn't a better keeper in a one on one situation. I'm convinced that the poor performance against Liverpool several years ago is the reason for his continued low stock internationally.

That would explain the hate outside Spain, but what about del bosque? Not calling him up to the spanish squad until now?

maz

I walk the line
I honestly think it's because every team needs to have a weaklink. Especially when it comes to media not associated with the club (e.g. obviously barça tv aren't going to critisise him harshly) it pains them to say the team is absolutely perfect. FCB has always had the philosophy of scoring more than you concede as opposed to conceding less than u score. Especially during rijkaard's reign. So we would still let 2 goals in a game, even though vv would make countless saves throughout the rest of the match. And obviously it gave ammo for the media to critisise an aspect of fcb.

To me i dont mind. Better vv than a youngster. I think vv is a hero and has the character of zeus. He came to where he is today without someone to hold his hand. He was plunged into the #1 spot and had to fight against strikers and media alike to become the keeper he is today.It could have happened to another player and that player could have collapsed under the pressure, but vv has only used it as a reason to improve.

desoe

I think somehow it's connected to the enormous standarts, which every player of FCB should be keeping high during all of the time.

When you play for this team, you can't be average, you can't be even decent. Ronaldinho was decent during the 2006-07 season, scoring above 20 goals and making some good games, and he was absolutely detroyed of criticism. That's Barca. You have to be briliant and briliancy is always connected with constancy, IMO, because people easily forget things you have been doing 1 or 2 years ago, if you're not doing it now. No matter how good you have been sometimes.

Valdes is overally a very good GK for us, winning two Zamora's and saving our asses in critical moments during our two CL wins in the past few years, but how I said - there're some little moments, which are making a huge problem to his reputation after all. And if he was playing for Arsenal, for example, I think he would easily been rated as fantastic and stuff like that. But how I said - just because the standarts in Arsenal and FCB are completely different.

Antimilan

Damn man... he really is not for Barca.... can make some mistakes that cost much to the team. Hopefully, Barca got great defenders, so he ain't got too much work.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Valdes is a superb shot stopper and has saved our asses on countless occasions in big moments, not least the two CL finals. He's made a few mistakes but the fact is they've become less and less regular, it's just the media who decide to focus on them and claim he's a weak part of our team, especially in England. There are few keepers better than him tbh and the fact that he's from la masia makes it even better.

Home of Barca Fans