1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Vilarrubi

Every team is going to pressure him even more now, he should just clear it sometimes instead of trying to pass it out every single time.

Eetu

Adormit
A dozen page meltdown from a run he read wrong in a game where half of the team had come in expecting a light evening jog.

And people are still salty that VV and Pep couldn't cope with cules.

raki

Marc: get your shit together and dont take so muck risks. You´re not messi. Keep it simple. You´re a great keeper when you keep it simple.

gasgas

I never said his mistakes haven't hurt Barca, I've said they haven't hurt us more than the entire team being shit. Across the board we have players in every position playing like complete and utter shit. It's no mystery why you're only on this forum to blast a single player when he has a shocker but what is a mystery is why you try to pretend you're a Barca fan without even doing a semi-decent job of it.

We lost Bravo because Bravo wanted to play in all competitions, which was never going to happen. Even despite the mistakes from Mats, not caving in to Bravo was the right decision. We'd still be dropping points all over the place if Bravo was still here just as we did when he was starting La Liga because our problems right now are much deeper than just our goalkeeper.
Yeah he hurt us yesterday
1st goal, he passes to Pique free n close to the Right corner flag instead of Busquets who is marked and not expecting the ball, we don't concede a goal

4th goal, he could have once again passed to his right, there was an open man

He doesnt make those mistakes we win 3-2 on an away game, 1 point ahead of madrid, everybody's happy

God Serena

Yeah he hurt us yesterday
1st goal, he passes to Pique free n close to the Right corner flag instead of Busquets who is marked and not expecting the ball, we don't concede a goal

4th goal, he could have once again passed to his right, there was an open man

He doesnt make those mistakes we win 3-2 on an away game, 1 point ahead of madrid, everybody's happy

As I said, I recognize he hurt us. But to suggest he's the only one at fault for the loss is ludicrous. The entire team is shit right now. And it's kind of reaching to blame him for the first goal because Busquets (Who knows better than to be watching the birds) wasn't paying attention in a situation where he's normally fully alert.

hardyboy

The whole media is shitting on him. This is the time we need to back him up. It will give him confidence and a moral boost. Hope the fans in next home game chants his name and cheer him up. The fans and the coach should back him up in the time like this otherwise he could lose all his confidence which isn't a good thing for us in future..

Pepe Silvia

The whole media is shitting on him. This is the time we need to back him up. It will give him confidence and a moral boost. Hope the fans in next home game chants his name and cheer him up. The fans and the coach should back him up in the time like this otherwise he could lose all his confidence which isn't a good thing for us in future..
I disagree. I think supporting him when he's made boneheaded mistakes like he has will only give him confidence to do it again. The lob heard around the world clearly didn't deter him from being an asshole so it's right he here's the jeers for a while. All he needs to do is play it simple in the back. Distribute and stop trying to be cute. It's okay to play dangerously once in a while when he's earned his stripes but he's not a vet to be doing the shit he does. See Busquets.

Messi983

With good decision making from him, we win 3-2
get 1 point ahead Madrid

Or if Lucho would field a better lineup or if Suarez, Ney, midfielders,... would play better we would also get 3 points. We can go on with that what IF game forever. Yes, MATS made a costly mistake but everyone else played like s.... in 1st half as well so while your statement is true in some extent it's also unfairly to blame just MATS for loss.

It's easy to blame individuals but I believe that we win (although we can win some games because of individual quality) and lose as a team. Because 99% of times when we lose more than just one player underperform/make costly mistakes. We have enough quality to win games even if 2, 3 or even 4 players don't have a good day. But when 7 or 9 of them are underpeforming it's hard to win against any team. So I blame the whole team (with maybe one or two players who get a pass because they at least show something when the whole team is bad) and Lucho when that happens. For Celta game only Pique, Iniesta and Denis get a positive grade from me, but even they can play better.

I disagree. I think supporting him when he's made boneheaded mistakes like he has will only give him confidence to do it again. The lob heard around the world clearly didn't deter him from being an asshole so it's right he here's the jeers for a while. All he needs to do is play it simple in the back. Distribute and stop trying to be cute. It's okay to play dangerously once in a while when he's earned his stripes but he's not a vet to be doing the shit he does. See Busquets.

I think you've mistaken criticising him (which we absolutely can do when he deserves that) with supporting him. Maybe I'm naive but I believe every Barça fan should support every player that wears our shirt until they deserve that. I'm not talking about (lack of) quality because it's usually not players fault that they are here when they possibly shouldn't be because they are just not good enough (anymore). So until players show effort and play the best they can and until they don't do things that harm the team/club (mostly off the field) or they don't trait us like Judas Figo I will support all of them. That doesn't mean I won't admit when they've made a mistake or play bad. I've done that with my all time favourite players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi when they played bad so I'll do that with all other players too. But at the same time I won't stop supporting them, especially when players will go through a bad period of form and will need our support.

MATS costed us some points but so have all other players that have ever played for us at some point in their careers. But he has also showed us before that he has quality to play here and also saved us some games. So again, I think MATS deserves to be criticised for his mistakes but he also deserves our support (and I think he'll get that except for some hardcore Bravo fans who for whatever reason still blame MATS for Bravo's personal decision to leave) at the same time. I don't believe that support "will give him confidence to do it again" like you said. He knows he made a mistake and he's probably still mad at himself for that. But he's a strong personality (like VV before him) and that's one of the things you absolutely need to have as Barça player (and especially GK) and will need to put that mistake behind him as quick as possible.

He won't change the way he plays (because that would also mean Barça in general would change the way we play) and he'll most likely make some mistakes again but it's just the way we play. High risk, high reward. Sometimes his bad passes will put us in uncomfortable position but most of the times MATS passing skills are a great benefit for us, especially against teams that pressure high. I probably don't have to explain to Barça fans why that's important.

Alik

MATS was directly responsible for 2 easy goals. Don't think it's fair to sweep it under the rug and say "oh but everyone played like shit". Everyone played poorly, but MATS had a direct impact.

Home of Barca Fans