1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Chainsaw

Killahead
We are not Real Madrid fans, we will never boo our own players in the stadium. Plus, it will never come down to this, it is really just fans on the internet arguing with each other.

Barca fans boo their own in Camp Nou just like many other stadiums. Just because you have not seen it recently doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Been a fan since 90s I've seen and heard it hundreds of time. I'm positive even last night I've heard whistles on several occasions coming from the stands.

Alen

Because he sucked. I'm not condoning it btw and i find it shameful. At one point, they even started chanting Messi's name after Neymar missed a pass. Very plastic fan like behaviour.

El Flaco

Because it was his fault that he didn't manage to keep a clean sheet against Las Palmas.
Because Las Palmas maange to score after a deflection from Pique.

And let's not forget when Maschernao was the one who caused that goal in the first place because the Argentine lost the ball.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

And let's not forget when Maschernao was the one who caused that goal in the first place because the Argentine lost the ball.
not an excuse. Why didn't he erect a brick wall in front of the goal when he had time?

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Was a sarcastic response to a forum member who came with a stat that Mats never kept a clean sheet.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

nah, he was just shit and it was a stressful evening and lots of fans were absolutely frustrated until the equalizer..

Maybe that ridiculous dive after which he even had the audacity to smirk at the yellow, had something to do with it too.

Kohe321

He has been really unlucky. I mean sure, more often than not you can find small mistakes to pin-point when analyzing slowmotion/freeze-frames of the situation and then go on to argue the keeper could've done this or that, but let's not kid ourselves here - many of the goals he's conceded have been insane, and in the rest he hasn't exactly gotten much help from the defense in front of him.

Yes, he could maybe have scrambled and punched the ball away, but it didn't help that Mathieu, who stood in the way of his line of sight and was responsible for marking Papadoupolous, suddenly thought he was playing dodge ball and cowered away from the ball. Or against Las Palmas when Mascherano suddenly decided to "clock out" mentally while running with the ball in his own half and get dispossessed, with the following shot getting deflected.

Problem here is that you can argue both sides quite easily. There are definitely things he could've done better in many of the situations, but he has also been very unlucky in several of them, and he is definitely a better keeper than what he has shown these past weeks. Personally I still feel safer with Bravo and think he's currently the better keeper, with better reflex saves near the line, better command of the box and overall better positioning, but Stegen has tons of potential. For instance his talent for sweeping and distribution of the ball is extremely rare. I really believe he's going to be our main goalie for the future.

His bad luck is bound to turn around soon, and with that his form and confidence will go up as well. When in form he's good enough to be our main GK as it is, I mean the guy played very well last season and made some very noteworthy saves that helped us towards the CL trophy, with his performance against Bayern and that epic save that won the "best save award" coming to mind, so let's not act as if he was just a passenger either.

My 2c...

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I feel like we are 10 to 15 years in the past when we had such unreliable GKs...

The thing with Stegen is that we know he can do better, when we had the likes of Dutruel, Bonano, Baia or Hesp, you just had to go along for the ride because they were just plain average and there was nothing we could do, but the german actually has talent so it's more frustrating to watch make basic mistakes...

I think he will feel some relief once Bravo comes back, he can relax and stop carrying the burden and hopefully regain his focus...

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
[tw]649652126969413632[/tw]

How dare he. MAtS should be on training pitch and work on his game. Sell him ASAP.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

[tw]649652126969413632[/tw]

How dare he. MAtS should be on training pitch and work on his game. Sell him ASAP.

Yeah, why he is not on the training pitch when it's pitch black outside, I really wonder. How dare him.

Home of Barca Fans