1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Wavy

Lol, what? I don't really see a problem to have such a title because it was a understatement and nothing else. A goalie can either have a clean sheet or concedes a goal and Ter Stegen was our keeper last night. I haven't even said whose fault it was, pretty strange from you to accuse me to make him a scapegoat. Especially when I've more or less defended MaTS in this thread.

But if I really have to give a comment about the situation, I would blame this on Mathieu and perhaps Suárez.

My bad then. Didn't grasp the sarcasm.

Yannik

He was passive, agreed that both Mathieu and maybe Suarez had a fault, but it's 4 m from the goal line, you can't be that out of position and have no fault in it

I cant really agree that Ter Stegen was out of position, ffs its a corner, why would he as a keeper guard the near post?

Beast

The Observer
Because the 6 yard box is the keeper kingdom.. he should come out and take the ball ...keepers do have protection from the slightest of touches in the 6 yard so he had no excuse to be standing on the goal line

sure Mathieu & Suarez did nothing but he could have done something..

Bravo can't come back soon enough...Mats conceding 17 goals in 8 games is a 3rd grade keeper stats not someone who is playing in one of the top clubs

serghei

:lol: Can't believe some actually say the goal is not mostly Ter Stegen's fault. Next thing you know, he'll get beaten straight from a corner and people will say the ball had an impossible trajectory and he couldn't have done better.

Only way it's Stegen's fault is if he scores into his own net.

Last edited:

Yannik

Because the 6 yard box is the keeper kingdom.. he should come out and take the ball ...keepers do have protection from the slightest of touches in the 6 yard so he had no excuse to be standing on the goal line

sure Mathieu & Suarez did nothing but he could have done something..

He DID attempt to punch it out, as soon as he realised that Mathieu spotted some hot chick in the stands behind the goal.
But he cant just magically grow 5m arms and Ocotopus-Punch everything out of the 6yard box.
Especially if there are 2 defenders and an opponent straight inside his way. He just isnt gonna Wingardium Leviosa them outta the way to collect the free ball with ease, thats not how it works. He is still working with the laws of physics.

Wouldve made an idiot out of himself, had he guarded the near post like an amateur, just to dive under a high-cross for the thankful striker at the longpost. Imagine how fucked he'd be then by the already annoying media.

Last edited:

serghei

You got that right. And on top of the rules protecting the keeper inside the 6m box, goal-keepers have these two elongated and very important body parts called HANDS.

serghei

Ter Stegen has 0 clean sheets this season because he is not consistent. The ability to keep clean sheets means some sort of consistency at doing the routine stuff with no mistakes. Ter Stegen can have a brilliant save at any point, but the routine stuff a keeper needs to do on a game by game basis, is just not there.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
FYI, I don't like MatS because he was always stellar when he played against us, and I really couldn't give a fuck how his career goes cause one thing Germany has an abundance of is goal keepers. But I really don't understand all this scapegoating. Soon enough fans are gonna start to whistle and boo him in the stadium, and I hate to see that happen to any player.

Sure you can count the factors that affected that goal, but surely MatS is not the biggest. Maybe 10% of the fault was his, and that is solely because he trusted his team mate's abilities to clear the ball. He can't do nothing for the fact that Mathieu is an incompetent defender.

As I said, Barca's problems are deeper than this. It mostly has to do with poor squad planning before the ban kicked in. Sure you guys won the CL, and indirectly that affected your future not being entirely fucked up, but buying Mathieu and Vermallen was not a wise transfer policy.

We are not Real Madrid fans, we will never boo our own players in the stadium. Plus, it will never come down to this, it is really just fans on the internet arguing with each other.

I will have to say the same that I said to Ryu last time, we did OK before the transfer ban. Of course we wanted better CBs but none the ones we really wanted was available. Mathieu and Vermaelen were not bad signings and our defense last season was very good, with Mathieu. It is just that this season our defense collectively collapses, all of sudden.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You got that right. And on top of the rules protecting the keeper inside the 6m box, goal-keepers have these two elongated and very important body parts called HANDS.

Not to be a smart-ass, but I think the word you are looking for, given your wording, is ARMS.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Blaming MAtS for every goal we have conceded this season so far is very foolish. Equally, so is believing that he is completely blameless.

serghei

No one blamed Stegen for every goal. But he did make a lot of errors. The fact that Bravo had 3 games and kept 2 clean sheets, while Stegen played much more and had 0 clean sheets is not a coincidence, or down to "luck". He is not a reliable keeper.

Kerrybai

Man, Mathieu could shoot the ball into his own net when facing the goal and trying to clear it and people would blame Mats for conceding because he didn't dive and save it.

I mean, he literally ducked and let his marker take a free header. :lol:

Its the 6 yard box mate. The keeper has protection in this area too, all he has to do us come and punch the ball and if the defender rubs off him the ref gives us a free. Instead he panicked, closed his eyes and failed to do his job. His defence didn't help but in the end he has himself to blame.

Home of Barca Fans