1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah, you're right. Let's let him make blunder after blunder until in 5 seasons he's an awesome keeper. Bravo is the better player, leave CDR for Mats.

Honestly, the way many of you bicker and bitch about virtually everything he does, call every goal he concedes a blunder, even if it is not even him who is to blame, makes me think you really don't deserve him, him, one of the three best young German goalkeepers atm, of which he is the one who emulates Neuer closer than anybody else when it comes to sweeping and ball distribution.

khaled_a_d

The level of scrutiny and criticism being thrust upon MAtS is reaching a level of absurdity. It really must stop, it does no one any favors and only causes problems.

Mathieu was tasked to cover Papadopoulus who was standing near post and failed miserably. This is no one's blame but Mathieu's.

Yup ,MATS is probably feeling the pressure from those Barcaforum posts so it need to stop :whistle:
Seriously ,every footballer has gone under great criticism and pressure ,it comes with the job man and they have to handle it .it won't stop until he steps up .last season he was criticized too and he stepped up and shut the criticism .he need to do it again

khaled_a_d

Honestly, the way many of you bicker and bitch about virtually everything he does, call every goal he concedes a blunder, even if it is not even him who is to blame, makes me think you really don't deserve him, him, one of the three best young German goalkeepers atm, of which he is the one who emulates Neuer closer than anybody else when it comes to sweeping and ball distribution.

You need to look at what people think about him outside of Barca forums/fans .the kid has been favorite for troll pages for sometime now and people making fun of him .you won't see many people defending him outside of Barca & German fans tbh .
And Barca fans are probably the most favorable fans for GK .we have defended VV blunders for decade and had years of mediocre GKs

Trickykid

Yeah, you're right. Let's let him make blunder after blunder until in 5 seasons he's an awesome keeper. Bravo is the better player, leave CDR for Mats.

The whole VV analogy blew right past you, huh? I'm guessing you didn't follow the team back when he was introduced then...

He's having a rough patch, just like more or less the entire team is. Last season he was splendid for the majority of the matches. Are you really that fickle minded?
Hopefully Lucho does right by MatS and let's him play ChL again this season.

Mandrake

Yeah, he's good with his feet. Beautiful ball distribution. Probably the only thing he's better at than Bravo. Wish he'd save more goals though. Let's count how many clean sheets each has at Barca. Let's look at their mistakes. Let's look at the stats instead of that bullshit he's potentially the best GK in history that many of his fan boys like to say.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You need to look at what people think about him outside of Barca forums/fans .the kid has been favorite for troll pages for sometime now and people making fun of him .you won't see many people defending him outside of Barca & German fans tbh .
And Barca fans are probably the most favorable fans for GK .we have defended VV blunders for decade and had years of mediocre GKs

Well, may be so, but then the internet is not exactly inhabitated mainly by mankind's best and brightest...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

People outside this forum didn't rate Busquets highly either and called l him for a diver and such based on things that happened many years ago + lack of football knowledge where they don't understand how vital Busi is and how he functions.

Should we have replaced or written him off too a few years ago when he made his breakthrough then based on what a few other idiots says?

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yup ,MATS is probably feeling the pressure from those Barcaforum posts so it need to stop :whistle:
Seriously ,every footballer has gone under great criticism and pressure ,it comes with the job man and they have to handle it .it won't stop until he steps up .last season he was criticized too and he stepped up and shut the criticism .he need to do it again

Umm, where did I say anything about Barcaforum?

And contrary to the nonsense people say here, which doesn't reach him, all the stupidity being thrown around by the press does, and no, last year he was not criticized like this year. Nowhere close.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah, he's good with his feet. Beautiful ball distribution. Probably the only thing he's better at than Bravo. Wish he'd save more goals though. Let's count how many clean sheets each has at Barca. Let's look at their mistakes. Let's look at the stats instead of that bullshit he's potentially the best GK in history that many of his fan boys like to say.

Well, lot of what you say rings true. Problem is his lack of communication for starters, I think. He's still new to the language and probably still feels awkward commanding the likes of Pique and Mascherano. Didn't have that problem at Gladbach. These things will take time.

And yeah, he is most definitely not the potentially best gk in the history of the sport. Neuer was already better at his age tbh, but similarly inconsistent.

khaled_a_d

People outside this forum didn't rate Busquets highly either and called l him for a diver and such based on things that happened many years ago + lack of football knowledge where they don't understand how vital Busi is and how he functions.

Should we have replaced or written him off too a few years ago when he made his breakthrough then based on what a few other idiots says?

Did you read the post I've quoted?

makes me think you really don't deserve him, him, one of the three best young German goalkeepers atm,

I am mainly talking about Ryu claiming that he is thinking we don't deserve him because we criticize him .
just saying that Barca fans rate him better than most football fans . it isn't like we are ungrateful fans

khaled_a_d

Umm, where did I say anything about Barcaforum?

And contrary to the nonsense people say here, which doesn't reach him, all the stupidity being thrown around by the press does, and no, last year he was not criticized like this year. Nowhere close.

last year he didn't play as much or had many debatable errors like this year . the press putting pressure is basically their job .no one can prevent that unless you shut them up with gr8 performances .that is the way of dealing with it

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Did you read the post I've quoted?

I am mainly talking about Ryu claiming that he is thinking we don't deserve him because we criticize him .
just saying that Barca fans rate him better than most football fans . it isn't like we are ungrateful fans

That's not what I said. Justified critique is one thing, but what some of you do here in this thread is something else entirely (a witch hunt...).

khaled_a_d

That's not what I said. Justified critique is one thing, but what some of you do here in this thread is something else entirely (a witch hunt...).

This is a forum .you will have all types of opinions
Here you will find people defending every play he made . like he didn't make a single mistake while others will blame him for every goal .that is the way it has been on internet forums for years man
And again ,look at the internet ,other forum or chat rooms .I've seen people making fun of him ,hell I've seen people describing Szczęsny game tonight as a "Stegen type of performance" .at least here most people acknowledge his potential and part of the criticism is the comparison with an actually better GK in Bravo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Mathieu went asleep there but more blame is on Stegen.
It's a 5 yard box ffs. Keepers are supposed to rule that area.

Wavy

Ter Stegen's conceded goal from Papadopoulos vs. Leverkusen

[gfy]ExcitableGregariousEelelephant[/gfy]

[gfy]MiniaturePerfectFinwhale[/gfy]

Wow, you guys are unbelievable. Ter Stegen's conceded goal? I mean, really? SO that goal doesn't count on the team, it only counts on ter Stegen's conceded goals tally? How the hell is he supposed to stop that shot when he has a defender that is actually supposed to stop the other guy from getting to the ball right in front of him?

Barca's problems go deeper than Ter Stegen. You guys are just looking for a scapegoat.

Home of Barca Fans