1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I am worried that he's not good enough. Almost nothing he has done in the last few months made me think he is a world class keeper or can become one. He has done what was asked of him and was very good with his feet, and that's it. World class keepers make saves when no one expects them to. I hope he will play some games in La Liga and prove me wrong, but it doesn't look like it.

He saved us from getting dumped out of the CL by Bayern at the Allianz.

Catalan Fan

He didn't do much wrong tonight, some of you guys are over reacting imo.He's a class keeper.

I don't think we can fault him for the defensive mishaps ?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Really Alarcon? MAtS had a very positive UCL campaign, a campaign I might add that was stocked full of difficult matches and opponents. Something that really can't be said about Bravo, whom everyone seems to be praising lately, yet he had one of the easiest seasons under posts a keeper could ever have and still had several games where he looked less than ideal.

I really don't understand the criticism today. There is nothing whatsoever he could have done in any of the 4 goals by Sevilla. An inch perfect FK and a litany of defensive mistakes.

Serbian

Really Alarcon? MAtS had a very positive UCL campaign, a campaign I might add that was stocked full of difficult matches and opponents. Something that really can't be said about Bravo, whom everyone seems to be praising lately, yet he had one of the easiest seasons under posts a keeper could ever have and still had several games where he looked less than ideal.

I really don't understand the criticism today. There is nothing whatsoever he could have done in any of the 4 goals by Sevilla. An inch perfect FK and a litany of defensive mistakes.

He doesnt look sure to me at all, from handling and risky passing, to his positioning. Its like i always think im waiting for him to mess up! He def has talent but he has not earned #1 spot. Bravo just looks and is more commanding and looks much more confident and has better positioning sure on the line.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
What are some people saying damn.
The one hand double save against lewa from 2meters out in the allianz is one of the best plays, not just saves but plays, I have ever seen.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He doesnt look sure to me at all, from handling and risky passing, to his positioning. Its like i always think im waiting for him to mess up! He def has talent but he has not earned #1 spot. Bravo just looks and is more commanding and looks much more confident and has better positioning sure on the line.

Bravo isn't more commanding. At least not in my opinion. People using this game to dismiss TS is incredibly harsh.

He really needs to move more in FKs and PKs man. He should at least dived in 1st Sevilla FK and leapt on the PK, he just jumped in the middle of the goal. He also could have done better on Sevilla's last goal. Didn't convince me today, he needs to improve his positioning.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

I don't really know what you expect to be honest? He takes risks with his passing and sometimes these risks lead to mistakes, this has been true for every single keeper that uses his feet to the level MAtS does. Was true with Valdes and is true with Manuel Neuer. I don't really know what you mean with positioning.

There's no way for MAtS to look composed and in control when your team is treading water all over the place in defense. It wasn't like he was getting peppered with shots all over that he could save and look good, it was a case of Barca defenders committing blatant and egregious mistakes that were resulting in straight goals.

I also don't know which Bravo you saw, because even though he had a very solid season, certainly better than I expected, it is also true that he had a relative simple season in La Liga, with only a handful of truly complicated matches, and it is also true he plenty of times neither looked commanding nor comfortable.

God Serena

It's quite interesting how Mats having an off day is all it takes for Bravo to be elevated to some kind of god status. For all the complaining about "Mats fanboys" that I see I can almost guarantee you that if Bravo conceded a perfect free kick, an open header, a low cross-tap in, and a penalty that you'd be crucified if you even dare suggest Bravo was at fault.

He wasn't spectacular and he didn't make any saves that make you think he's world class but come the fuck on, would Bravo have saved those? Obviously not. There wasn't a single goal conceded where you couldn't point the blame directly at Mascherano, Mathieu, or Bartra.

reDIOS10

It's quite interesting how Mats having an off day is all it takes for Bravo to be elevated to some kind of god status. For all the complaining about "Mats fanboys" that I see I can almost guarantee you that if Bravo conceded a perfect free kick, an open header, a low cross-tap in, and a penalty that you'd be crucified if you even dare suggest Bravo was at fault.

He wasn't spectacular and he didn't make any saves that make you think he's world class but come the fuck on, would Bravo have saved those? Obviously not. There wasn't a single goal conceded where you couldn't point the blame directly at Mascherano, Mathieu, or Bartra.

and how do u know that Bravo wouldnt have saved the others. He is a world class goalie and world class goalie make saves that u wouldnt expect others to make

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

The difference is Bravo is a god.

Height18

I dont think the criticism is coming from just this match, think people were just holding back from being to critical in other matches and let things slide, and finally it seems today its all pouring out.

He'll be fine.

Science Kid

There's a reason why this guy has never cut it for Germany...nor he looks particularly likely to do so in the near future.He can't even be their third goalkeeper let alone coming close to Neuer.

The obsession with him is easily the most inexplicable movement in these forums...he has never done anything remarkable,nor has achieved anything on an individual or club/country level but reading this thread you would think we have a prime Buffon in our hands.The same thing with Bartra,when your most often mention attribute is your age,you know you're being terribly overrated.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
There's a reason why this guy has never cut it for Germany...nor he looks particularly likely to do so in the near future.He can't even be their third goalkeeper let alone coming close to Neuer.

The obsession with him is easily the most inexplicable movement in these forums...he has never done anything remarkable,nor has achieved anything on an individual or club/country level but reading this thread you would think we have a prime Buffon in our hands.The same thing with Bartra,when your most often mention attribute is your age,you know you're being terribly overrated.

He makes really nice passes for a keeper though. Not always necessary ones, but really nice ones.

Home of Barca Fans