1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Alen

AO0tai7.gif

:worthy:

mark1nhu

No, he won't. Guaranteed. Definitely has #2 potential, but I don't see him reach Neuer's level, which is not a slight.

Why not?

Neuer definitely looked like MATS when he was younger. He just evolved as a player and MATS will evolve too.

There is no evidence to guarantee he will never reach Neuer's level.

He can, by the way, evolve BETTER than Neuer. We just don't know what will happen.

Last edited:

Hummelsbauer

You're overrating Neuer quite a bit.

No. I just see him all season long. Had an incredible season minus his usual blunder against Gladbach. Doesn't face as much as some other goal keepers, but what he faces is usually of very high quality due to the insane defensive style. Has pulled of quite an amount of absolute stunner saves rivaling anyone in the world (despite getting less opportunity) and the sweeping (like against Neymar in the first leg) is done all season with robot-like precision. You almost take it for granted. Haven't seen him get it wrong even once, and he comes out far out of the goal. Best German goal keeper of all time ahead of Oliver Kahn (Oliver Kahn himself said that Neuer is better than him). Ter Stegen has neither his physicality nor his presence and not quite the unfazed attitude. Neuer had that even when he was younger (minus bulking up a bit). That's not necessarily something that can be learned to that degree. I'M NOT TRYING TO SLIGHT HIM. I understand that this is a Barcelona forum and fans will be fans. Neuer is still on the young side of the typical goal keeper prime. I just find it completely unrealistic that Ter Stegen will be ahead of him in a few years. First Ter Stegen has to win the fight for the #2 spot and Leno and Horn have also had good seasons.

mark1nhu

It's way to early to be making Neuer comparisons, he still very young. Give him time

He is comparable to younger Neuer, so why is too early to compare him with Neuer?

You guys forget that Neuer was not that superstar during his whole career.

FC B

If I were Luch I'd start him vs. Depor at home to give the guy his debut game in La Liga in a champion seat:mats:

Home of Barca Fans