1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Barcilliant

Get this fucking clown out now. I'd rather have an average Neto in goal than this choker.
His performance against Bayern was the worst I've ever seen by a Barca goalie in 30 years of being a fan.
I used to get pissed at Valdes for his brain farts but he actually is a mentality monster compared to this choker.
Joke of a keeper.

Horatio

You're welcome
That doesn't make it OK for him. He's supposed to judge that and only then decide to come out. You don't come out, catch air, and leave the guy with an open net. If he stays in goal there's a big chance we don't concede. The angle is tight and Negredo has no help.

Never said it made it ok. But it is in response to people that blame him on kicking it x way instead of y when he never got there in time.

raedkuwait

At this stage, he is damaged good for few years now and there is no fixing this, i would take any goal keeper over him, even pinto is better, he is just so so week mentally.

ItachiXXX

As long as it's Messi's team with his pals passing him the ball to death, not even looking for other players, I'm afraid it's the same old soup as before, just reheated again.

We need to really commit to a rebuild and go from there. This path with Messi-ball is leading nowhere.

This dude never gets tired blaming Messi and amigos. Even without Messi and Barca losing this woman will blame him and amigos for not retiring early

Richard.H

Get this fucking clown out now. I'd rather have an average Neto in goal than this choker.
His performance against Bayern was the worst I've ever seen by a Barca goalie in 30 years of being a fan.
I used to get pissed at Valdes for his brain farts but he actually is a mentality monster compared to this choker.
Joke of a keeper.

A lot of people even here would shit on Valdes, but he was nearly always solid in big matches. Few dumb mistakes here and there, but it felt like he lived for the big matches. Felt more confident with him at goal than MATS. MATS has fallen off a cliff after 2018 or 2019. I think he lost a lot of confidence after Anfield. Sad thing is he is still very young for a keeper.

JohnN

I think you people are just reacting to his mistake last night, which was god-awful, that's true, but I mean to say fking Valdez was better than him... that's crazy... imo ze German is a whole level above Valdez.

C' mon.. admit it please. With valdez wh wouldn't be having this conversation every two weeks.

JohnN

As long as it's Messi's team with his pals passing him the ball to death, not even looking for other players, I'm afraid it's the same old soup as before, just reheated again.

We need to really commit to a rebuild and go from there. This path with Messi-ball is leading nowhere.

You have to blame messi and bring him up even on a clusterfuck like this. Elite determination. Decade of stupid.

Last edited:

malvolio

A lot of people even here would shit on Valdes, but he was nearly always solid in big matches. Few dumb mistakes here and there, but it felt like he lived for the big matches. Felt more confident with him at goal than MATS. MATS has fallen off a cliff after 2018 or 2019. I think he lost a lot of confidence after Anfield. Sad thing is he is still very young for a keeper.

it's another case of people forgetting easily, and that is not even a bad thing, those matches happened many years ago.

just like people forgot that ter stegen was the second coming in the MSN treble year. thing is nobody in our defense looks that good right now. we are relying on a central partnership made up of either a semi-retired pique, one of the B kids or bench role at most lenglet. no leaders to organize the defense.

Devils

Whatever you people say Ter Stegen is in the top 5 GK now. With this utter poor,slow,error-prone and pathetic defenders infront of him he can't do anything alone. If Allison(best GK in PL from last two seasons) or Oblak would be here instead of him then also we wouldve witness the same results. Place ter stegen in behind LFC's defense then he would perform much better than Allison.

No he isn't.

Neuer, Oblak, Alisson, Navas and Courtois are are all comfortably better than MAtS and have been for over the last year at least.

fergus90

Ter Stegen created a lot of his own problems in the Bayern game with his utterly pathetic distribution. So the defence in front of him argument to me is a bit redudant as he created a lot of his own problems. Had a shocker at Anfield too.

Last edited:

malvolio

Ter Stegen created a lot of his own problems in the Bayern game with his utterly pathetic distribution. So the defence in front of him argument to me is a bit redudant as he created a lot of his own problems. Had a shocker at Anfield too.

bayern put the squeeze on our defense all game. i remember our defenders not being able to come out of the defense with ball at feet or passes. and they constantly turned and passed to ter stegen, putting unnecessary pressure on our goalkeeper.

for the past year we concede chances in every game, against any type of opposition. our defense is constantly being tested, the amount of goals received being dependent only on luck or opposition quality.

as i've said previously, GK is not our main problem now. not even in the top 5 problems we have. also, getting someone else is complicated as we have other areas to prioritize.

Home of Barca Fans