1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

clemente

On that second goal, first shot hit the post, and mats was kinda frustrated, then the ball bounced back at the attacker, he shot again, and mats was out of position. Kinda dissapointed, he didn't seem to be 100% in it and trying to reposition himself in case the ball gets back to attacker, hope he gets it together by CL... Made good saves at least.

Centauri B

I bet my left nut the guy meant to cross

What happened in the second Villarreal goal, was that Toko meant to cross, but got himself a little too behind the ball. If you watch the close-up shot in slow-motion, it is clear that he was overstretching just to make any kind of contact with the ball. This resulted in the funny trajectory that the ball eventually followed. It was an extremely accidental goal.

Villarreal's first goal was also a bit accidental, with the ball bouncing right back at the Villarreal striker and providing him with an open goal opportunity.

3rd goal was an excellent combination between the Yellow Submarine players (Cazorla and Iborra if I am not mistaken)

4th goal was the result of us throwing everyone up front as there was no time left.

Even though at first the 4 goals conceded look catastrophic, the actual sequence off events that led to them has an immense element of luck.

Havesaks

What happened in the second Villarreal goal, was that Toko meant to cross, but got himself a little too behind the ball. If you watch the close-up shot in slow-motion, it is clear that he was overstretching just to make any kind of contact with the ball. This resulted in the funny trajectory that the ball eventually followed. It was an extremely accidental goal.

Villarreal's first goal was also a bit accidental, with the ball bouncing right back at the Villarreal striker and providing him with an open goal opportunity.

3rd goal was an excellent combination between the Yellow Submarine players (Cazorla and Iborra if I am not mistaken)

4th goal was the result of us throwing everyone up front as there was no time left.

Even though at first the 4 goals conceded look catastrophic, the actual sequence off events that led to them has an immense element of luck.

Just watched the replay and you are probably right, also noticed that the player followed by roberto had a free goal in front of him if it would have been a decent cross, it would have been a goal, so ter stegen wanted ofc close the distance to this player.

Calling his performance awful is not matter what way off. He had an average game, and if not average than a bit above average. Some great safes in the start, and isn't to blame for any of the goals. 5.5/10 performance imo.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah, he was caught off guard in the second goal and maaaaybe could pin it on him, but he clearly saved us from an embarrassment with a handful of crucial saves...

serghei

Made a semi-blunder there, but can't be mad on him. Saved our bacon several times.

He was convinced the Villareal player would square that ball for the open teammate in the middle, and I bet that if that Villareal player tries 30 more times to score from that position he hits the target 3 times.

Nothanks

stopped 2 1v1's
and stopped the shot that rebounded off umtiti

so the scoreline could of been much worse

if he blocked the near post in the second goal the attacker would of just easily crossed it was a 2v1 situation... not much he can do.

Home of Barca Fans