1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
he's better than Neuer this year, but Neuer is team captain and still a top 3 goalkeeper even when "out of form", so it's difficult.

Neuer will be 36 by 2022.

Germany are going to make the same mistake as Spain did with Casillas and regret not making a smoother transition sooner. Being the team captain means nothing whatsoever. He's played long enough for Germany and it's time for a new generation to build towards the next WC and they have to use the Euro 2020 for the team to gel together and that includes the defence with the new GK.

I can already see you lot crashing and burning worse than the WC with Low keeping his job and playing his old favorites. I guess you can give all your past-it players and keep players that should be starting out of the team to give your old generation a last hurrah only for it to flop big time. And Low and DFB will deserve every bit of the backlash when it happens.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Neuer will be 36 by 2022.

Germany are going to make the same mistake as Spain did with Casillas and regret not making a smoother transition sooner. Being the team captain means nothing whatsoever. He's played long enough for Germany and it's time for a new generation to build towards the next WC and they have to use the Euro 2020 for the team to gel together and that includes the defence with the new GK.

I can already see you lot crashing and burning worse than the WC with Low keeping his job and playing his old favorites. I guess you can give all your past-it players and keep players that should be starting out of the team to give your old generation a last hurrah only for it to flop big time. And Low and DFB will deserve every bit of the backlash when it happens.

I'm pretty sure Neuer will quit after Euros and 34 really isn't that bad for a GK so i don't think thats a big problem unless he stays out of form.

Also i think he would've quit after the 2018 WC if they didn't embarrass themselves like that. Could be the case for more of the older players. Just a guess but i don't think former world cup winners want to go out like that so they will try to make up for it one last time in 2020.

MAtS is amazing but i don't think the GK is anywhere near the biggest problem here. Scoring goals seems like an impossible task for the team these days, so is proper defending.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Marc's incredible. That was one of the best goalkeeping performances I've seen in a good while.

He's the best in the world, no doubt about that. Oblak is not even half the keeper ter Stegen has become.

I wonder what the Chilean press thinks of him now.

El Trencaxarxes

I think we're at the point, where you can legitimately make a case for ter Stegen being the best keeper in the world. One thing is his abilities with his feet, but his goalkeeping abilities in the more traditional sense - reactions, commanding the area, claiming crosses and defending one-on-one situations - have just vastly improved over the past couple of years.

In his first season, I definitely felt that Bravo had the upper hand in terms of traditional goalkeeping abilities, especially as it looked like ter Stegen was lacking in his command of the penalty area. At this point ter Stegen does all of those things almost as well as De Gea and Oblak - and then he's just head and shoulders above them, and in my opinion everyone else, as far as playing out from the back goes.

Right now, I think it's between ter Stegen, Oblak and De Gea. Neuer still looks hampered by his injury and is not quite at the level he was 18 months ago.

RIZALDINHO

ter Stegen is the best keeper in the world and he should be no1 keeper for germany. he is much better than neuer but i don't think low will pick him over neuer. i think low will need to be sacked and then a new manager comes in then i think ter Stegen will play for germany.

Donatello

Unfortunately, he's going to need to go above and beyond and will need more clean sheets to usurp Neuer though.

Isn't it better? he gets a lot of rest because of that. Those friendlies(aka the nations league) are useless anyway, you still get another chance to qualify for euros.

I don’t have any issues unless it affects his confidence or something. Or, if you're a Germany fan.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

C-wwhxRXcAIDZ-W.jpg

Goalkeeper or the Green Arrow?

Super Marc.

Home of Barca Fans