1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

shadows

what would that change? Neuer did fine, besides one shot in 3 games he miscontrolled and still cleared. Not like our goalkeeper is the reason we go out if we only scored 1 goal in 3 games.

Well Overall, I think similar attitude reflected throughout the team..Players in poor form were picked across all positions including the GK..On form Mats should've started.....I get that Muller cannot be dropped considering he is the one legit goal scorer from past WM's Germany's got. But what would it take to drop players like Ozil (who i felt was terrible today and bad in the first game as well, killed attack after attack singlehandedly with his idiotic passes), Khedira, Boateng (thank god he got sent off) to name a few.. Goal scoring was a problem yet only Mario Gomez didn't even start and came at around 65..The coach's tactics (or no tactics) were bizarre as well..

Last edited:

Yannik

Well I think overall similar attitude reflected throughout the team..Players in poor form were picked across all positions including the GK..On form Mats should've started.....I get that Muller cannot be dropped considering he is the one legit goal scorer from past WM's Germany's got. But what would it take to drop players like Ozil (who i felt was terrible today and bad in the first game as well, killed attack after attack singlehandedly with his idiotic passes), Khedira, Boateng (thank god he got sent off) to name a few.. Goal scoring was a problem yet only Mario Gomez didn't even start and came at around 65..The coach's tactics (or no tactics) were bizarre as well..

Fully agree that poor selections were made. Brandt has deserved a chancegiven his performances, excluding Gomez makes no sense if we cross all the time and Khedira should easily have been dropped. Plus our game was predicabtable and slow, no actual pace.

In the example of Neuer however, a few people who were critical of his inclusion at the begin of the WC are now attempting to fortify their opinions using the poorest exampe you could possibly give (because being smug is all that matters). Let's be honest guys: I don't think anyone really demands a goalkeeper to stay in goal at the last grasp when qualification is on the line and you are in desperate need of a goal.

shadows

Fully agree that poor selections were made. Brandt has deserved a chancegiven his performances, excluding Gomez makes no sense if we cross all the time and Khedira should easily have been dropped. Plus our game was predicabtable and slow, no actual pace.

In the example of Neuer however, a few people who were critical of his inclusion at the begin of the WC are now attempting to fortify their opinions using the poorest exampe you could possibly give (because being smug is all that matters). Let's be honest guys: I don't think anyone really demands a goalkeeper to stay in goal at the last grasp when qualification is on the line and you are in desperate need of a goal.

I think Neuer has represented Germany well overall.. Yes i had a problem with him starting because he came back from an injury and got in directly when Mats was in good form.. Anyways his time to step down has come now.. He cannot do a Buffon when Germany already has a younger and a really good replacement..

ab739

Much bigger problem was leaving Leroy Sane at home. Neuer was ok but Mats will be German No.1 after this WC.

no. if you'd watched him play for germany you'd know he's unironically worse than their other options
in fact he gives the ball away so much that they probably wouldn't have beat sweden. Germany's main problems were not supplying incisive passes and shit defensive tactics. Having a plyer whose main strength lies in running onto passes wouldn't have helped their attacking problems, since they weren't producing the kind of passes Sane can use, and he wouldn't have alleviated the defensive problems at all.

shadows

Agreed, Sane deserved a starting spot at WC. His pace would have been an asset considering how slow Germany's buildup was.

I think one player couldn't have possibly overcome the overall shitty performance. While his pace could've been useful, Özil would anyways kill the play in the midfield with his bad high risk passing and slow play.

There were far too many players either out of form or playing badly.. plus Löw's bad tactics in terms of maintaining balance didn't help at all...

Sorin

In the end it was good for him that he didn't play. He wasn't an (active) part of the side of that historic elimination.

Came here to say this.

At least Mats escaped the shithousery that Germany displayed in these 3 matches.

So glad the arrogant prick Neuer is out. The constant dick slurping of this keeper has been one of the most annoying things in football in the last 6-8 years. You'd think there have never been world class gks before this guy and he started to believe the hype. Mind, not blaming him for anything that happened to Germany in this WC. Still nice to see the cunt going out.

Raketa10

Came here to say this.

At least Mats escaped the shithousery that Germany displayed in these 3 matches.

So glad the arrogant prick Neuer is out. The constant dick slurping of this keeper has been one of the most annoying things in football in the last 6-8 years. You'd think there have never been world class gks before this guy and he started to believe the hype. Mind, not blaming him for anything that happened to Germany in this WC. Still nice to see the cunt going out.

That ‘cunt’ was undoubtedly best GK in the world for the last 6-8 years until he got injured.

Sorin

That ‘cunt’ was undoubtedly best GK in the world for the last 6-8 years until he got injured.

So what does that have to do with what I said?

Have I said otherwise?

Strange post.

Btw I disagree with your use of "undoubtedly". For me there have been years when Buffon or Oblak were obviously better.

Last edited:

Messi983

Neuer is the least of Germany's problems. I think MATS deserved to be a starter after the season he just had but I don't think he would prevent their elimination.

Well, maybe he would if they would use his passing skills in the midfield instead of Ozil and Khedira. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans