1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

I mean i understand why he wants to do that. Neuer is not just a good keeper he is their leader. But it seems dumb to say starter or not in the squad at all. If he is fit include in the squad and play mats as a starter unless neuer is playing at his original level. But whatever I don't want Germany to win the WC so he can start whoever he wants as long as they lose and also no injuries for mats.

No. That does not work. If Ter Stegen then makes a mistake the discussions in Germany and in the press really start and MAtS really gets under pressure. Neuer will go home when he will have again problems and Müller or Khedira will be captain - if everything runs smoothly in the next 2 weeks and his foot does not make any problems he will be no. 1 and captain.

MTL_Barca

It sucks for Marc but it's understandable. Messi for example would also be a starter under these circumstances. Neuer is very important for the team, he is the captain and was the best GK in the world before his injuries. You don't just kick such a guy out, you can't have more credit than Neuer has with German NT its Messi/Ronaldo level. Ter Stegen often looked bad for the NT so a bad game would start the whole "what if Neuer was there" discussion and that could also get to Marc's head. Same can go for Neuer but in that case ter Stegen will still be there (it was pretty clear that its either starter or no WC at all for Neuer) and he can probably deal with the pressure better.

I personally think MAtS should play instead and i think he would do great but i can understand why they go with Neuer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why are you guys so indignant? Unless you are a Germany fan of course, any fumbles Neuer makes will make Germany exit the tournament earlier than they have wanted, what is the harm? You are worried Germany will not be there to stop Portugal from winning the World Cup?

Olaf will get his time as long as he keeps it up.

Alik

Why are you guys so indignant? Unless you are a Germany fan of course, any fumbles Neuer makes will make Germany exit the tournament earlier than they have wanted, what is the harm? You are worried Germany will not be there to stop Portugal from winning the World Cup?

Olaf will get his time as long as he keeps it up.

We can feel indignant for Mats. His time should be now.

Home of Barca Fans