1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Horatio

You're welcome
Ter Stegen comes behind De Gea for me.

But when it comes to best keeper for Barca style Ter Stegen is the best.

Catta

I can't believe how far he has come since last season. From mr.freeze to mr.reliable. Before this season I was worried each match that he will have a major fuck up, just didn't fell secure enough with him as our GK. But this season he evolved to unbelievable levels, now I know even if our defense fucks up there is Stegie to bail us out. Alongside De Gea the best in the world without a doubt.

Joan

It's hard to tell who's the best. De Gea is certainly there, MAtS, Neuer... for me, it's Oblak.
But in the end, it's not really relevant.

Who'd say we'd have one of the best keepers in the world?

Knew he was special since his first season. Played once a month and did great, saving a penalty vs City and let's not forget that monster performance at the Allianz.

Ter Stegen comes behind De Gea for me.

But when it comes to best keeper for Barca style Ter Stegen is the best.

De Gea is a slightly better shot stopper. But he's nowhere near as good a sweeper keeper as ter stegen.

Last edited:

Total-Football

I wouldn't go as far as to make him top 3 but he is top 5 in my opinion, and that is more than enough. Probably the best passing keeper in the world though. It is amazing how his left foot is as accurate as the right .

He has a peculiar way of stopping the ball lol .. Normally keepers stretch their arms frontwards when stopping the ball but he actually put his arms behind his body so most shots end up being stopped on the line lol.. He always do that, peculiar, but effective nevetheless so can't complain.

Unfortuanely he improved all aspects of his game except the aerial crosses, he always struggle with those. Coutrois for instance stopped two successive corners from Rakitic by simply being adept in the air.

FinBarcelonafan

That's why I put De Gea at the top. But Mats compensates with his ball distribution skill on the ball and buildup.

Exactly. DeGea is awful with the ball. At least the difference is like day and night when I watch ManU and Barceona. Steigen is like one of the defenseman.

Home of Barca Fans