1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

God Serena

[MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] was the only believer.

I even had a reputation as the resident Mats fanboy around here. Every week I had to defend him from all the bullshit and I said from day 1 that having Bravo here was stunting his development, and that Bravo's success and apparent superiority had a lot to do with the fact that he was getting to play every week while Mats played a couple of times a month. I still remember all the tears when we finally had no choice but to choose between a massively declining Bravo and Mats and we chose to stick with the "Inferior" keeper. After that people would jump in here bitching at him because he conceded a tap-in after Pique would botch a clearance or when he conceded on a corner after Mathieu ducked out of the way of the ball. I'm past the point of calling people out but the sudden 180 from so many of the people in this thread who furiously refused to give him time to grow into his role as keeper here and who cried about Bravo leaving are suddenly here singing his praises after every game. I'm sure those same people will be back to shitting on him as hard as they can the moment he makes a perceived mistake again, though.

Judoman

I even had a reputation as the resident Mats fanboy around here. Every week I had to defend him from all the bullshit and I said from day 1 that having Bravo here was stunting his development, and that Bravo's success and apparent superiority had a lot to do with the fact that he was getting to play every week while Mats played a couple of times a month. I still remember all the tears when we finally had no choice but to choose between a massively declining Bravo and Mats and we chose to stick with the "Inferior" keeper. After that people would jump in here bitching at him because he conceded a tap-in after Pique would botch a clearance or when he conceded on a corner after Mathieu ducked out of the way of the ball. I'm past the point of calling people out but the sudden 180 from so many of the people in this thread who furiously refused to give him time to grow into his role as keeper here and who cried about Bravo leaving are suddenly here singing his praises after every game. I'm sure those same people will be back to shitting on him as hard as they can the moment he makes a perceived mistake again, though.

You just described an average football fan. Limited attention span, prone to quick judgment and short and selective memory.

raki

Most of football fans are bipolar and have little understanding of the game.

xXKonan

There was some concerns that the lack of game time on a consistent basis was stunning his growth to a point where he wouldn't have been the keeper he was touted to be. But thankfully it didn't seem to harm him going by this season.

aaron101

well , i told this in last season itself . He is well on his way to become Barcelona'a casillas . Only aspect in which we were second to Madrid in last 15 years . With all due respect to Valdes he wasn't better than Iker .

How old was Casillas when he became the captain?

aaron101

14, almost 15. The man was unstoppable.

I'm talking about the senior team not on youth team. I checked on Raul's Wikipedia and he left Madrid in 2010. Iker was 29 when he took the captain's armband from Raul and Guti. Mats would probably be on the same age as him by the time he gets the captain's armband.

Catta

I believe that for a captain its always better to be an outfield player. After the current crop next in line are probably Roberto and Umtiti.

Joan

I believe that for a captain it's always better to be an outfield player. After the current crop next in line are probably Roberto and Umtiti.

Hard to believe it's Roberto since he still doesn't have a fixed role in the squad nor is considered an indisputable starter.

Would prefer MAtS over Umtiti anyday.

Home of Barca Fans