1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Zuza66

You don't see how statements of intent of challenging for the No 1 spot during a major tournament, and over Neuer of all players, may cause concern over potential trouble?

Well, I hope you're right. I'm not convinced.

Trickykid

You don't see how statements of intent of challenging for the No 1 spot during a major tournament, and over Neuer of all players, may cause concern over potential trouble?

Frankly not, no.

silvia

HTML:

He may said that in a formal answer by bench player. Like I want to challenge the spot for Neuer. Everyone knew Neuer was no.1 gk then.
What is your point? Him and Bravo is melting well with every players. The locker room atmosphere can't be better as far as i know.
As for german nt, they are not picking based on attitude. There is no trouble makers above the candidates, like at all, they will pick according to their performance.

Zuza66

As for german nt, they are not picking based on attitude. There is no trouble makers above the candidates, like at all, they will pick according to their performance.
Of course attitude plays a part. That's why Kuranyi went out, for just one example. That's why Podolski is still in, too.

I don't know where that myth "performance is all that matters" is coming from. There aren't many jobs in the real world that are assigned purely according to performance; so-called "soft skills" always play a part. Much more so in a team sport like football.

silvia

Of course attitude plays a part. That's why Kuranyi went out, for just one example. That's why Podolski is still in, too.

I don't know where that myth "performance is all that matters" is coming from. There aren't many jobs in the real world that are assigned purely according to performance; so-called "soft skills" always play a part. Much more so in a team sport like football.

I don't know Kuranyi, but Mats is not that type. and I know Leno, cause i watched many leverkusen matches 2 seasons ago.
Then their only issue is performance. That is it.

Zuza66

I don't know Kuranyi, but Mats is not that type. and I know Leno, cause i watched many leverkusen matches 2 seasons ago.
And Trapp, Zieler and Fährmann aren't that type either.

Point being, performance is never the only issue unless we're talking about Messi. If there are several players with not much between them in terms of performance, other things matter. For example Pep and Rummenigge (or maybe it was Sammer, don't quote me on that) came public in the last transfer window saying that when buying a player they aren't buying just performance, but "the whole package", even naming family etc. as parts of the package they're buying. For another example Roger Schmidt and Rudi Völler came public how it is important the character of the player fits their team. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about, and of course that's the same with the German National Team. Why would it be different, with Löw of all people, who keeps being accused of playing "favorites" (in my opinion mostly by people who apparently don't understand the importance of team building measures).

Look, if that's not an issue when it comes to MAtS, all the better. I'm just trying to point out reasons why others might end up being preferred over him. Those reasons might have little to do with performance, or for what club he plays. Even more so as we're talking about chosing a player who is unlikely tor play a competitive game unless there's an emergency.

Trickykid

And Trapp, Zieler and Fährmann aren't that type either.

Point being, performance is never the only issue unless we're talking about Messi. If there are several players with not much between them in terms of performance, other things matter. For example Pep and Rummenigge (or maybe it was Sammer, don't quote me on that) came public in the last transfer window saying that when buying a player they aren't buying just performance, but "the whole package", even naming family etc. as parts of the package they're buying. For another example Roger Schmidt and Rudi Völler came public how it is important the character of the player fits their team. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about, and of course that's the same with the German National Team. Why would it be different, with Löw of all people, who keeps being accused of playing "favorites" (in my opinion mostly by people who apparently don't understand the importance of team building measures).

Look, if that's not an issue when it comes to MAtS, all the better. I'm just trying to point out reasons why others might end up being preferred over him. Those reasons might have little to do with performance, or for what club he plays. Even more so as we're talking about chosing a player who is unlikely tor play a competitive game unless there's an emergency.

I'd assume it was clear as day in the case of Mats? Not a regular starter at Barça and erratic form this season. Why does it have to be more than that?

Observer

Banned
Mats can be #2 or #10 but he wont ever be #1 or anyone else for that matter when Neuer still playing, so the GK talk make sense maybe for U21/Olympics

Yannik

But why would a troublemaker additude lead to MATs omission in 2014?
The 2nd and the 3rd keeper at the world cup were Weidenfeller and Zieler.
If I made an "asshole"-ranking out of 10 keepers who are good enough to be considered in the race of a nationalteam spot, then my number 1 and 2 would undoubtly be: Weidenfeller and Zieler.
MATs is an incredibly nice guy, way to shy on and off the pitch to cause any sort of disharmony.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
MD says Liverpool wants him and might offer something close to his buyout (60m) to tempt the club to sell?

I hope this is just BS.

xXKonan

Who in their right mind would trade Barcelona for Liverpool?
I feel like we will Continue hearing stories like this eventually with the new EPL tv deal.

Also these Ter Stegen-Liverpool rumors have been going on since a year ago and they seemed to have Amplified recently Due to Klopp Joining Liverpool. And going by MD's post from a couple of weeks ago Ter Stegen and Barca aren't even considering anything. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans