1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Messi983

Pretty bad tonight. Hope it's not a sign of him regressing again.

Might be the Alba effect and MATS's legs starts to shake every time he sees that mental midget "defending" in front of him.

(Half) joking but I think the fact Xavi changed three defenders compared to last game maybe played a role in him feeling a bit more insecure. Had a very good start to the season and if he'll have a bit on an off day then better in games like this we should win comfortable anyway but I think Gnidro is right and MATS's confidence is still not really where it should be to fully trust him. Clearly refreshing to see him having some actual good and important saves in previous games though.

Chemistry between GK and defenders is very important so hopefully Xavi will soon find a back 4 that works well together although I suspect this won't be easy with packed schedule and need for rotations to keep players fresh for second half of the season after WC.

MATS must believe guys in front of him will do their job and limit chances for the opponents (which they weren't really doing in last few years) but at the same time defenders must also trust him to not let a goal in every time opponents will get into a scoring chance like it happened too often in recent years. People often like to single out players and individual quality is obviously important but in the end if you want to win titles you need to learn how to defend as a team. I think we're improving in that aspect but still a lot of work ahead of Xavi and his boys to get to the point where we could also win games 1-0 relatively comfortable on days (and those days will come too during the season) when Lewy&Co. won't be in best form and score 3-4 goals.

Horatio

You're welcome
Pretty bad tonight. Hope it's not a sign of him regressing again.

Why was he pretty bad to you? Didn't see much fault except for the misjudging ball to clear it and then run back to goal. The goal itself can happen, was a good header.

malvolio

Would have been clowned by the attacker if he went all out for that ball. Only 'mistake' was that he rushed to get it, should have stayed in goal.

Who thinks that Stegen would have got to that ball is dreaming.

omidferoz

3 shots on target and 2 goals. Neuer, Allison and Courtois is much better then him. You need a world class goalkeeper that at least saves one 90% chance once in a big match.

serghei

He folded as expected, nothing to see. Neuer is the real deal, he is the pound shop version.

First goal of Bayern will be used as teaching material by trainers around the world for claiming crosses on set pieces. As an example of what not to do.

Home of Barca Fans