Ivan Rakitić

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he starts against Las Palmas I'm just going to skip the game and watch it later with every footage of Rakitic touching the ball cut out.

No one's going to go through Rakitic's touches to cut them out mate. It'll make anyone rage and give up halfway.

Albo

No one's going to go through Rakitic's touches to cut them out mate. It'll make anyone rage and give up halfway.

Desperate times bro. At least it's more likely to happen than Rakitic making a one good pass in a forward direction.

Horatio

You're welcome
Solution would be to ask a Madrid fan to make a Rakitic compilation for lulz. Then instead collect everything left on the cutting table and watch it.

xXKonan

His first half of the season here he struggled heavily. Hell I remember when Cesc during the first half of Chelsea's season when he started off strongly for them people here were wondering why we sold him and bought Rakitic.

It wasn't until Lucho adjusted the system where he had Rakitic play as a DM/RB cover for Alves and Messi as they provided the creative spark and all he had to do is defend and link up with them. It worked but as time went on Messi was no longer interested in staying on the Wing and Alves eventually leaving Rakitic's role he thrived in collapsed.

Rakitic worked in the system Lucho had during the second half of the treble season but those days are long and gone now. He's no longer starter quality as he's slow and Mentally not there anymore and to make it worse he has severe Limitations to be effective under Valverde.

I mean if we want to play a B2B role player Just play Roberto and Paulinho. Both have their limitations but at least they show a lot more energy and heart than Rakitic has in a long time.

Devils

I remember his game against Bayern in the CL semi-final in 2015. He was a beast and despite his limitations (being slow) he fought for the ball like his life depended on it. It's performances like that, that earned him respect amongst the fans.

It might be decline that he is undergone in recent times, but I believe even more than that, it's complacency. He's become way too comfortable here, and we have a bunch of midfield deadwood that he knows isn't going to bench him.

Valverde, clearly likes the guy which makes it worse FFS.

xXKonan

Valverde either likes the guy a lot or he thinks the alternatives aren't good enough and he's forced himself to overplay the likes of Rakitic and Iniesta.

Honestly If I were Valverde I would seriously start considering playing Alena in some games. because fuck it I would rather risk it and give Alena game time than having to watch Rakitic look like a damn zombie out there.

Neeraj

That's the thing though isn't it. Playing Alena, or whoever else, how is it even a risk anymore? What does Rakitic provide that someone else couldn't provide, and then some more? Nothing.

I fail to believe there's anyone near professional level in the City of Barcelona that couldn't do the job Rakitic does, with a lot more pace and energy. If I trained for a few weeks, I think I could do the back and side passing as good. The funny part is, he's starting to suck at those side passes too now.

Barcilliant

Rumour has it that Valverde promoted youth. Well I'm still waiting....

With a pretty shitty midfield he's still starting Rakitic and Iniesta. He hasn't given any minutes to Alena and very limited minutes to Roberto.

Iniesta should have limited playing time and Rakitic should be benched. In fact Lucho gavve more opportunities to Sandro, Munir and a couple of others.

Truthist

Very poor of Valverde to keep playing him and Iniesta. No matter how crap Rakitic is and Iniesta past his prime, the buck stops with Valverde, he needs to make the hard calls, that's what he get's paid for ffs.

clemente

What are you even talking about, when he came in for Paulinho the game got much better, can't even admit it after this game...

FCBfan22

He was solid today, but still not adventourous enough with his passes to be a Barca starter. And slow as fuck.

Home of Barca Fans