Which CB would you sign for Barça?

Which CB would you sign?

• Total voters

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I find Kompany very solid, also a leader. I think unlike most from the Premiership he's not overrated.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
A guy working for AS claimed that he was the most promising defender in some youth tournament (can't remember if it was for Brazilian clubs or international/south american)
Yeah, whoever gets him will have a great prospect in their hands.

Barcilliant

He is good but not that great. What is wrong with Ivanovic?? There were rumours last season of him coming to Barca for 12-15 mil. That would be ideal.

Wouterinho

Am I the only one who finds Kompany overrated? Of course he is still a good CB, but I think he's not as great as many people say.
I really believe he's world class and one of the reasons why Man City are so far behind in the title race (Kompany has been injured for a while and he's irreplaceable over there). He's one of the most complete central defenders in the world, he'd be a perfect fit for Barcelona but I don't think Man City will let him go.

Faceless

No more faces at night
I really believe he's world class and one of the reasons why Man City are so far behind in the title race (Kompany has been injured for a while and he's irreplaceable over there). He's one of the most complete central defenders in the world, he'd be a perfect fit for Barcelona but I don't think Man City will let him go.

I agree that he is a good fit but I'm worry he will be a flop due to his injury. He might leave Man City, a lot of unhappiness in the club... Seems like balotelli inspired them

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The best fit was Silva but since that ship sailed, I like the quality and leadership a player like Kompany could bring...He's a physical defender with ball skills, physical attributes and motor you covet in a central defender...The reality is that there are not enough world class central defenders that Barcelona can likely score this summer without taking a massive gamble on a lesser known...Kompany could tick a lot of the boxes while still taking a gamble perhaps on a young defender to mold as well

Just can't go into the next season without a 'sure thing'

Irish_Cules

Let's hope Txiki and Soriano do us a favour and let him go cheap. I'm sure they want Barca to get a top class centre back this summer also! :D

Ursegor

World Champion
Am I the only one who finds Kompany overrated? Of course he is still a good CB, but I think he's not as great as many people say.

I agree. He looked disappointing against Madrid in both games. In the first leg he ducked like a wimp for Ronaldo's winner. In the second leg he should have been easily sent off for kicking, grabbing and fouling Ronaldo all game. See here:

1:34 grabbing Ronaldo from behind on a counterattack - definite yellow
2:05 gets beaten by Ronaldo twice
2:42: completely messing up the offside trap
5:03 pushing Ronaldo with his arms
6:41: 100 % second yellow card, just blocking his path and pushing Ronaldo with his arms

If he did this in a Barca jersey we'd be calling for his head.

Of course I'd rather have Kompany than Vermaelen, David Luiz, Skrtel or other scrubs but he's not that great.

Barca should look for Mangala.

footyfan

Calma, calma
1:34 is Zabaleta
2:42 is Zabaleta.
5:03 is not even that bad

He got dicked around by Cristiano Ronaldo (who had a very good game and was on top form) while the current leader of our defence Piquenbauer gets dicked around every game by everyone.

D

Don_Andrés

If you work on the theory that Thiago Silva would have been the ideal fit. Then you have to look to the player with the most similar attributes to him. With that in mind I went with Marquinhos, it's a pity he's not two or three years older, but then he would probably cost a lot more money.

Also, if you sign Marquinhos he's more likely to be comfortable with a squad rotation situation, with the likes of Hummels, Kompany etc that might not be the case. That said, I would like to see the likes of Bartra and Muniesa get some playing time next season. If they fail, they fail, but at least they were given the chance to do so.

M

Messi+Eto

Kompany is 10x what every defender on that list will ever be. Tall, FAST (emphasis on fast), very strong and once played as a midfielder (Huge plus considering Barca's passing policy). BTW, has anyone notice how Thiago Silva, Varane and Pepe always score headers from set pieces against us? Well Kompany is extremely good aerially too. Might be all we have been looking for.

D

Don_Andrés

Isn't Kompany's contract situation the same as Hummels?, they're both a year into a long term deal. It would cost a fortune to get either of them to the club. Both good players though.

Isn't Kompany's contract situation the same as Hummels?, they're both a year into a long term deal. It would cost a fortune to get either of them to the club. Both good players though.

Kompany's having problems with Mancini right now apparently. Which is probably why he's being linked with a move out of City.

Home of Barca Fans