Luis Enrique

mssarm

He tries too hard to be "anti" of what the press/fans want of him. The different starting XI in each game was a prime example of his "I know best" attitude when in reality, he should have stuck with the best 11 like he does now(kind of). The Sociedad episode was just so unnecessary and ridiculous and cost us 3 points.

While I applaud him for changing things around, I'm still weary especially with our midfield play. Neymessi have been unstopable and while I'm not trying to take anything away from Lucho, I credit them more for our current standing. I fear he'll get comfortable somewhere down the line and start making dumb Sociedad-like decisions again.

Why would I care whether he is a press darling or not, we don't get points for that. And fans don't care for his personality either: we want players motivated and silverware at the end of the season. We hired football team coach, not Dr Phil or some kind of life coach. I have a respect for people who are stubborn, who stick to their ideas and don't flip flop. Just like Pep was or any other achiever in human history: they were all stubborn people who believed to their ideas. Maybe you like wimps like Tata- I don't. Regarding Sociedad game I have news for you: we had "dumb" coaches like Guardiola, Tito and Tata who lost points to Sociedad, why you are singling out LE? Because he committed a crime of being cautious not injuring a player who just returned from vacation?

Last edited:

Kerrybai

The biggest difference between lucho and Tata is Messi. Under Tata Messi was a shadow of himself, disinterested and lethargic. Now he is playing with passion, energy and precision. If Lucho can keep Messi happy then anything is possible.

raskolnikov

The biggest difference between lucho and Tata is Messi. Under Tata Messi was a shadow of himself, disinterested and lethargic. Now he is playing with passion, energy and precision. If Lucho can keep Messi happy then anything is possible.

Also the style, with Tata it was just alves-cross- start again. If Lucho sticks to what he has been doing since Sociedad its acceptable.
I dont know if its due to the trainer though that Messi seems more active? it might be just himself being more motivated than before without a wc on his mind.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Absolutely concur...There are several differences and certainly some obvious negatives from Lucho (Anoeta only the more recent example but they never looked superior against RM or PSG in Paris either)...It's Messi

For whatever reason, we've seen a Messi with spark - perhaps it's personal, maybe it's Lucho, or just that Leo finally feels like he has attacking partners who can give the team & him more joy out there

JamDav1982

Absolutely concur...There are several differences and certainly some obvious negatives from Lucho (Anoeta only the more recent example but they never looked superior against RM or PSG in Paris either)...It's Messi

For whatever reason, we've seen a Messi with spark - perhaps it's personal, maybe it's Lucho, or just that Leo finally feels like he has attacking partners who can give the team & him more joy out there

I am sure you are one of the ones that claimed there was nothing wrong with Messi last season and he was as good as ever!

MikeLoudDrop

One thing that baffles me is why he stopped using Sandro and Munir all of a sudden. They were very good canteranos for us in the first half of the season. Now it seems as though they disappeared.

Not sure about Sandro but I don't think Munir is ready for first team football yet.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
One thing that baffles me is why he stopped using Sandro and Munir all of a sudden. They were very good canteranos for us in the first half of the season. Now it seems as though they disappeared.

Suarez is back. That's why.

Sandro and Munir would be better off with valuable minutes for the B team. In addition, the B team sorely needs them to avoid relegation.

aondoe

Yes messi looks better than ever, but thats not thw only reason Barcelona look world class. It's Lucho s tactics as well. Playing messi on the wing, sending Alves into a more central position on attacks so he doesn't have to send aimless crosses. Surprise te defense by sending Rakitic into a far wide position. Also Suarez and Neymar aren't ordinary players. Neymar is only getting better and Suarez is displaying tremendous passing ability as he relearn how to finish as he was at Liverpool.

footyfan

Calma, calma

It's because the World Cup is over. I still maintain he was saving himself for the World Cup. He's going into challenges way more now and is of course more energetic as you mentioned. The move to the right wing has certainly helped, and so has the team's willingness to pass the ball off quicker. So yes Lucho does deserve a fair bit of credit for Messi's revival.

xavi_the_Boss

It's because the World Cup is over. I still maintain he was saving himself for the World Cup. He's going into challenges way more now and is of course more energetic as you mentioned. The move to the right wing has certainly helped, and so has the team's willingness to pass the ball off quicker. So yes Lucho does deserve a fair bit of credit for Messi's revival.

He looked the same in the WC as under Tata.

I

instinct

Yeah, not particularly inspring/motivated at all.

857041030.gif

bismp

So you're telling me that he wasn't motivated and ''inspiring'' during the WC?

This will be interesting. :tito:
He was really off form during the WC.He surely wanted to win,but did not press,he moved a little and generally was not sharp at all.Maybe he had an injury or something...

Home of Barca Fans