UEFA Super Cup 2016: Sevilla vs. Real Madrid

FC B

The good thing after this shit result is that Sevilla will be more tired against Barca after playing the ET.

Pablo Escobar

Yeah, it's not as if Real won 2 champions league titles in 3 years exactly like this. :p

Thank goodness for the Olympics. Watching other sports just emphasize how arbitrary and chaotic football is as a sport. Luck plays too big of a factor.

At the Olympic Games there are referees such as in gymnastics or judo that decide things and sometimes take some cretin decisions, while in others I just saw Spain lose to Croatia and even Brazil at basketball, looking more lame than Spain at the World Cup 2014, you really need to be to lose those two games.

At least there is no pressure there, though there is USA against China for gold medal count though USA will easily nail it again.

Yannik

Yeah, it's not as if Real won 2 champions league titles in 3 years exactly like this. :p

Thank goodness for the Olympics. Watching other sports just emphasize how arbitrary and chaotic football is as a sport. Luck plays too big of a factor.

This is exactly why I hate most of the olympics. :lol:
The favorites always win because luck plays no role at all.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The good thing after this shit result is that Sevilla will be more tired against Barca after playing the ET.

They can have a rest for 4 days and it's preseason. This extra time probably just improved their stamina a bit and made them want to beat us a lot more.

amircule

Sevilla 6-0 barca incoming :lucho:
Congratulations to all madridistas in here, and we should just win the trophies ourselves instead of crying about other teams' luck.

serghei

They dominated Atletico in 2013. That was a deserved win. Late goal doesn't make it lucky tbh.

This year, yeah, they got lucky with the draws, lucky with Griezmann's miss, lucky with penalties and lucky with scoring an offside goal to even get there in the first place. So, yeah, you could say their CL was undeserved imo. But the 2014 one wasn't, and tbh, in 2012, they were unlucky in the semifinal with Bayern. It's not THAT extreme as you guys are making it.

They dominated Atletico in 2013. That was a deserved win. Late goal doesn't make it lucky tbh.

This year, yeah, they got lucky with the draws, lucky with Griezmann's miss, lucky with penalties and lucky with scoring an offside goal to even get there in the first place. So, yeah, you could say their CL was undeserved imo. But the 2014 one wasn't, and tbh, in 2012, they were unlucky in the semifinal with Bayern. It's not THAT extreme as you guys are making it.

Not sure how any of that besides draw constitutes as luck... was it even offside? I rarely have heard anything about it... its a shit rule, so particularly if its like a damn cm off, its mindboggling to me why its brought up...(I was actually one who thought Bale scored it) I wouldnt do the same with lets say Messi's goal against Milan in 2013.

Overall youre right though.... its only made out to be extreme on here.

Yannik

They werent exactly lucky in 2016 either, well except for the draws.
Its just these last damn minute goals..

xavi_the_Boss

Hmm we bought Douglas for 4M when we could have bought Asensio for the same.Zubi you idiot.
We were so close to sign him.:lol:

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

They werent exactly lucky in 2016 either, well except for the draws.
Its just these last damn minute goals..

Fuck that. I still couldn't believe the defending Wolfsburg had in that 2nd leg after they completely dominated Real in the first leg.

Like, they couldn't beat a mediocre City team that we have been comfortably beating for years without a fucking own goal. An own goal is how they even got into the final.

If that's not lucky, I don't know what is.

They were unlucky against Bayern in 2012 though and they were truly the best team that season when the won La Decima. Them battering Bayern in Bavaria 4-0 confirmed that much that season and you compare that team to Zidane's now, it isn't even close.

Zidane's Madrid are so ordinary, it continues to baffle me how unbelievably lucky they have been since he's gotten here.

Home of Barca Fans