Gareth Bale

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
i told you before, not only barca players think he is one of the best there are... ;) You think he is underrated, but quite the contrary... :)

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I was exaggerating...

Well for someone who the media are saying is worth upwards of £30m, surely you'd expect more than 2 goals and 0 assists in the league. NO assists for an attacking winger, that's awful. 102 players in the league have more assist than him this season. He's been good in the league but he's been no where near the outstanding players.

Maybe he was on the RW because he had to switch sides as he couldn't get past Neville? The fact that he has 0 assists in the league suggests that in the PL, teams have worked him out a bit.

I'm not saying he's not a fantastic player but against Inter he got the ball, knocked it past Maicon and ran very fast. He's an excellent crosser of the ball so 0 assists in 10 games is awful. He may have ran out of steam vs Everton but he must have been fit enough to start if not he'd have been on the bench. VdV has been Spurs' star performer in the league, if it hadn't been for him they would have dropped a lot of points vs teams at home - games where Bale didn't contribute much.

Its not his fault the media is overvaluing him, he has no responsibility to justify a non-existent price tag. He has played superbly for Tottenham this season, any person who actually watched their games will tell you that.

That second comment is laughable, just proves you didn't even watch the game, how can you comment on someone's game performance when you didn't even watch the game lol. Otherwise just give me a a whole record book of stats and I can tell who's the best player in a league and who sucks , no you can't judge a player like that, this is not baseball. Sorry to disappoint you but no, he was not switched to RW because of Phil, but because of a tactical change when Harry introduced Palacios in the game at HT, in which he pushed Modric to play LW because he can only play at AM/LW, and therefore leaving no space for Bale except on the RW.

Against Inter he knocked the ball past Maicon and ran very fats and guess what? It fucking worked! Why the hell would he change an approach that was doing him wonders? Does that mean that is all he can do? Absolutely not. However those who only watched him play those two games chose to judge him based on that approach because they have no clue what he is capable of doing.

VDV has been a star no question, but Spurs fans have got used to Bale playing well game in game out.

It just annoys me how people who haven't watched him play in the EPL underrate him because of the English media, which is actually ironic...

Warik

Its not his fault the media is overvaluing him, he has no responsibility to justify a non-existent price tag. He has played superbly for Tottenham this season, any person who actually watched their games will tell you that.

That second comment is laughable, just proves you didn't even watch the game, how can you comment on someone's game performance when you didn't even watch the game lol. Otherwise just give me a a whole record book of stats and I can tell who's the best player in a league and who sucks , no you can't judge a player like that, this is not baseball. Sorry to disappoint you but no, he was not switched to RW because of Phil, but because of a tactical change when Harry introduced Palacios in the game at HT, in which he pushed Modric to play LW because he can only play at AM/LW, and therefore leaving no space for Bale except on the RW.

Against Inter he knocked the ball past Maicon and ran very fats and guess what? It fucking worked! Why the hell would he change an approach that was doing him wonders? Does that mean that is all he can do? Absolutely not. However those who only watched him play those two games chose to judge him based on that approach because they have no clue what he is capable of doing.

VDV has been a star no question, but Spurs fans have got used to Bale playing well game in game out.

It just annoys me how people who haven't watched him play in the EPL underrate him because of the English media, which is actually ironic...

You have a better chance of convincing water to flow up hill than to convince a Gooner to give a Spurs player anything more than begrudging credit for a performance.

Bergkamp10

I've watched their games and apart from the CL, he's not been 'superb'. 10 APPS 2 GOALS 0 ASSISTS backs that up. Say what you want about Bale but those are average stats and if he hadn't done what he did against Inter no one would be talking about him. If you've watched all their games in the league then name me three games he's been superb and made real impact in the game. I can think of one - stoke away. But I'm struggling to find anything else.

And this isn't an Arsenal/Spurs thing. I have no problem with Bale, I'm half welsh in fact and would have him in arsenal's team in a heartbeat. I just think he's vastly overrated considering his league form.

And I did infact watch the Everton game but I don't really pay great attention to their subs and their tactical changes.

Last edited:

koko

totally agree with my man alex here to be honest bale is a good player but the blowjob hes getting at the moment is undeserved really...so many players have out performed him in the prem and theyre not getting near the sucktion hes getting...nani for one who has had a great season so far hell kevin nolan is having agreat season 7 goals in 9 games and nobody says a word...fair enough bale has ripped maicon to pieces over a couple of games but rafael had him in his pocket the other day so did phil neville

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
I have said in the premier league thread, nolan is having the season of his life!

Nani is literally leading ManU.. Without Rooney, Nani is the one that scores, and assist.. I think he has 8 assists so far, which is impressive...

But Bale is much more of hardworker than all of them. Is not only the amount of goals he scored, or the amount of assists, but the work he is doing for the team... And ask any spurs fan, even before this hype, who is the most important player they have..

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Good player but nothing near as good as people are saying. Maicon has been in muppet-like form so making a fool of him is nothing to wank over.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Best player in the world, second best player in europe etc etc is just way over the top but he was brilliant vs Inter but look how much space he had to run into

Robbie

It's funny that Bale and Walcott used to be roommates, and coincidentally they're both getting the same treatment from the media. A few good games and they're 'world class', a few bad ones or an injury and they're 'flops'. That is the biggest problem in British football: the media.

Home of Barca Fans